zero display service error

morulis

Mar 5, 2005
Hi,

I've had installed on my pc .net 2 and .net 1.1 also ATI CATALYST 6.4.
I've tried to install ATI CATALYST 6.9 but a message "zero display service error" appeared.
The installation continued and finish with no problem. The computer restarted.
My bro played Company of Heroes after hours of playing he saw a message that VPU was activated because GPU didn't respond to driver commands.

I've Unistalled ATI CATALYST 6.9 using the special ATI utility and then I've installed ATI CATALYST 6.4 the previous version that I had. The message "zero display service error" came up again. This is the first time I see this message. I've done many updates of the ATI's drivers (X800XL) but I've never seen this before.

Any ideas about what may happen?

Thank you.:Q

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Sounds like you may not have .NET Framework installed.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
OK - then you probably need to totally uninstall your Radeon drivers and CC (if you are using it.) Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove, and remove all the ATI drivers and the Control Center.

Then, with Explorer, go to C:\ATI and delete everything in the SUPPORT folder.

Then reboot. Your system will find and install VGA drivers, etc. Do not use the Wizard for new hardwrae - cancel that out. When the dust settles, run your complete Catalyst download. It should then install and after two reboots, your system should be AOK with your previous settings.

This is not a new problem - it has existed since way back in Catalyst 3 - and is largely due to not fully removing all previous Catalyst stuff before installing the new.

And, Catalysts does require .NETFramework to be installed. You are OK there.