Zecco wants my really private info

erwin1978

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2001
I applied and got approved within minutes. Now they're gonna send something in the mail for me to sign and they also want me to send a copy of my driver's license and Green Card.

What the hell? All I wanted was to buy 100K shares of AMD. Why are they pissing me off? Do they really need all that stuff or are they trying to steal it so they can sell it to third world underground counterfeiters?

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: erwin1978
I applied and got approved within minutes. Now they're gonna send something in the mail for me to sign and they also want me to send a copy of my driver's license and Green Card.

What the hell? All I wanted was to buy 100K shares of AMD. Why are they pissing me off? Do they really need all that stuff or are they trying to steal it so they can sell it to third world underground counterfeiters?

Two words: Patriot Act.

newnameman

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002

Shens.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: newnameman

Shens.

I agree, no one wants AMD stock right now :p

Seriously though, 100k shares? I guess if youre gonna lie, lie big.

Since thats about $1.3m to someone whos not even 30 years old...

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
zecco needs this info b/c they have to keep records for the government. they say it's to prevent money laundering for terrorism.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Shens.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

Shens.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
FBI: "Mr. Eastman, are you aware we have traced numerous money transfers by you to umbrella corporations known to provide funding to terrorist sleeper cells around the world?"

Mike Eastman: "wha?"

Jack Bauer: "DIE SUCKA DIE!" *opens fire with Sig Sauer 9mm

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001

PS: That's $1.3 mil you have just laying around to buy some stock eh? Definitely shens.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Yeah I tried to buy the Intel Corporation last week and they wanted me SS#. I said forget it if you're going to be all nosy.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

you're not serious, right?!

it's a securities transaction for jeebus sake

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hahah if you are going make up a story go big!

i tried that. i claimed to be 6.6 and a ex basketball star. i got found out. wonder how they did? ohwell.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
So, at 3:57am this morning, you wanted to buy 100K shares of AMD, and then at 4:21am, 24 minutes later, you became jobless.....

I guess you won't be buying all of those shares after all.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
So, at 3:57am this morning, you wanted to buy 100K shares of AMD, and then at 4:21am, 24 minutes later, you became jobless.....

hahahah

ppdes

May 16, 2004
You can just do it via email if you are in a rush, that's what I did (printed last page of application, taped driver's license to it, signed, scanned back in, appended to the rest of the application and emailed it back). Never had to mail anything out or wait for any mail to arrive. In retrospect, fax might have been more secure and less trouble.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000

Hard ownage.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
I am sure this is a parody thread.
Sounds a lot like all the other ATOT investment threads, only wilder.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo

Hard ownage.

no reply from the OP or is he out swimming Scrooge McDuck style in his piles of money?