Yuengling is the best tasting Macro Brewed beer.

joutlaw

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2008
Agreed. I just wish they sold it in MS.

I was in Charlotte, NC visiting a friend and they go to SC to buy booze b/c it's cheaper. I found this stuff for $15 a 24 pack. I loaded up on the way back home.

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
I had a Yuengling once from a PA transplant that had it shipped to him somehow. Gotta say, it was fuckin good.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
agreed. it is totally worth breaking the transport of alcohol over state lines law just to bring back a trunk full.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Seriously... it is about time we Ohioans demanded fair treatment by our neighbors. I say we hold a nuke over their heads, just to be sure, you know... that they get the message.
Who is with me? Fucking bastards think it's alright to just ignore their immediate neighbor state and not let us in on the tasty beer.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Yuengling that good? The first time I ever heard about it I thought it was a chinese beer :rolleyes: I live in Philly so I have access... maybe I'll try it sometime.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Yuengling that good? The first time I ever heard about it I thought it was a chinese beer :rolleyes: I live in Philly so I have access... maybe I'll try it sometime.

yes, it is truly that good... its heavier, but not overly, it has no underlying crappy taste, it tastes GOOD... there is a reason its the oldest brewery in the US

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
agreed. it is totally worth breaking the transport of alcohol over state lines law just to bring back a trunk full.

there are such laws? Woah.
I know, at least I think I know, that such laws exist for fireworks since they are not legal in every state, but uh.. alcohol? WTH Nation?!

We may, or may not, had carried a certain cargo that may have contained a certain 190 proof alcohol, across what may, or may not, have been a state line.

Last edited:

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
I know, at least I think I know, that such laws exist for fireworks since they are not legal in every state, but uh.. alcohol? WTH Nation?!

We *transported* a certain 190 proof alcohol across state lines once. :twisted:

I know many people who go to Indiana to purchase Everclear, perhaps Dogfish Head 120min IPA, and more...

syrillus

Jun 18, 2009
Yuengling is pretty much my group's drink of choice at the bars, due to it's great taste:price ratio. I support this thread.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

you deserve no such beer, you heathen!

psh, a Native having never heard of what is most surely nectar brewed by FSM himself?! Away with you

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
yes, it is truly that good... its heavier, but not overly, it has no underlying crappy taste, it tastes GOOD... there is a reason its the oldest brewery in the US

Oldest surviving brewery. Certainly not the first, though. ;)

Prohibition more or less destroyed the industry for decades. AB survived by expanding its patented refrigerated rail car tech into other markets. I have no idea how Yeungling survived, though--but I'm glad they did.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Oldest surviving brewery. Certainly not the first, though. ;)

Prohibition more or less destroyed the industry for decades. AB survived by expanding its patented refrigerated rail car tech into other markets. I have no idea how Yeungling survived, though--but I'm glad they did.

They switched to "near-beer" as it states right on their site...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

We may, or may not, had carried a certain cargo that may have contained a certain 190 proof alcohol, across what may, or may not, have been a state line.

I think it's a tax issue--not completely illegal, but I may be wrong. I know that certain states don't allow alcohol shipped through the mail--say if I wanted to mail you a bottle, or if you ordered a shipment from a company, or something. ...and those states that do allow/disallow such traffic seem to change from year to year.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
How Macro is it? Never seen it at any bars or liquor stores or markets any where here in Cali.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I know many people who go to Indiana to purchase Everclear, perhaps Dogfish Head 120min IPA, and more...

they have 120min here in Ohio....
not that I would ever touch that abomination. Would rather chew on a pine cone. Hell, the last IPA I had tasted like pinesol. Granted, the 60min tasted superior to that brew which I shall never refer to by name, but compared to my favorite beer types, IPAs are... my brain lacks words that can translate my personal feelings of betrayal by the brewers of IPAs.

Though Dogfish Head's Theobroma is obviously the nectar the gods used as inspiration for godly nectars.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
How Macro is it? Never seen it at any bars or liquor stores or markets any where here in Cali.

to be fair, I guess it's smaller than Sam Adams, as Yeungling doesn't get too much further than the East Coast, unfortunately, but they are rather large in the tradition of AB/Miller.

At least, the type of beer they produce has that traditional "macro" style to it compared to Sam Adams, which is legitimately a macro brewery.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
they have 120min here in Ohio....
not that I would ever touch that abomination. Would rather chew on a pine cone. Hell, the last IPA I had tasted like pinesol. Granted, the 60min tasted superior to that brew which I shall never refer to by name, but compared to my favorite beer types, IPAs are... my brain lacks words that can translate my personal feelings of betrayal by the brewers of IPAs.

Though Dogfish Head's Theobroma is obviously the nectar the gods used as inspiration for godly nectars.

No they dont, they have 60 and 90... Ohio does not allow beers with ABV of over 15% iirc... hence 120 is not legal...

have not had the theobroma, do need to find it though... shall check at The Andersons...

ygpm fyi

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
to be fair, I guess it's smaller than Sam Adams, as Yeungling doesn't get too much further than the East Coast, unfortunately, but they are rather large in the tradition of AB/Miller.

At least, the type of beer they produce has that traditional "macro" style to it compared to Sam Adams, which is legitimately a macro brewery.

Sucks cus I'd like to try it. Always like trying new beers.