You've got to be kidding me - DNF release date ! ! ! ! !

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
It's been offered for pre-order since I was a freshman in college, nothing new here.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Uhh, dude, this isnt news and it isnt even funny anymore, and it sure as hell isnt a ROLF's or an OMGBBQ or LEET HAXOR or anything else.

Most every place you can buy software has been doing it since around the summer 2000.
This isnt a new concept.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
http://www.3drealms.com/duke4

"No, you cannot pre-order the game. If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too). There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story."

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
Did you check out the other Links on the site (review)?

There's another (game info) one you come accross from the main page linking in Gamespot.

Looks to me like someone at BB is having a little fun.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of gum

edit: oh and they better use Jon St. John or the game will be doomed to failure ... if it ever gets released

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Anyone remember the teaser ingame trailer from about 8 years ago? Where duke is in a jeep shooting at WTFKs?

Dravic

May 18, 2000
I'll assume you all missed the trailer.... from mid December

Video

and the interview with 3D realms

interview

this think might actually see the light of day...

unless these are all spoofs, and i'm the jacka$$

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
Originally posted by: I4AT
http://www.3drealms.com/duke4

"No, you cannot pre-order the game. If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too). There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story."

Cudos for 3D for sticking to their guns, this is how it should be for every game out there. NO release date unless it goes gold, NO Pre-Ordering unless the publisher guarantees it, and NO awards unless it's out.

Originally posted by: oldhoss

When pigs can fly, that game will see the light of day

Unlike Team Fortress 2 that won E3 Game of the year in 1999

Another company that doesn't know how to keep their mouth shut is Egosoft, obviously they haven't learned their lesson. They just announced X³ Terran Conflict, scheduled for release in the third quarter of 2008. NONE of their games were EVER released on time, so don't hold your breath and expect this one sometime in mid to late 09 and of course full of bugs for the first few months.