Youtube.com sued finally..

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: doze
My buddy asked his wife to pull up some soccer video on youtube last night. And sure enough I look over at the laptop and see the utube.com page up and a confused look on her face.

You found one of these tards 'in the wild' so to speak? Did you ask her why she spelled it that way? I blame text messaging.

kmrivers

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
77. YouTube?s operation of the website at <youtube.com> wrongfully interferes with or
annoys Plaintiff in the enjoyment of his legal rights. The tens of thousands of confused internet
visitors to <utube.com> each and every day create a nuisance not unlike a noxious odor

This was in that document. Can you say stuff like that in a legal document?

kmrivers

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Check out their site. It looks like they added some nice ads and search to the top to rake in some money from this. They might want to remove that if they want to win this.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Plaintiff has lost its kingdom with its domain.

actually from the legal documents...

I can understand whyd theyd be pissed... but damn they just one the website lottery... they have to be making tons on ads ... plus google will probably settle out of court for a nice sum...