You're only tuff if you snowboard with partially torn ligaments in BOTH ankles

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: newParadime
I speak from experience

best of luck to you then - it will take 2-4 years before you're ankles are back to 100%. Maybe even more.

<---speaks from experience

moomoo40moo

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2003
Your tuff if you snowboard with like broken arms, fractured pelvis, and femur.
<---Speaks from experience

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Your ankles shoudn't move that much when your snowboarding, provided you have good fitting boots, and a good connection/binding with the board.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: TechnoKid
Your ankles shoudn't move that much when your snowboarding, provided you have good fitting boots, and a good connection/binding with the board.

meh, freestyle - my feet/ankles are all over the place...I can't be locked onto the board.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
You're only "tuff" if you jump out of an airplane from 15,000 feet (without a parachute), land on the top of a 8,000ft mountain (fracturing both legs in 15 places, a T12 compression fracture, 4 broken ribs, and 2 collapsed lungs), snowboard all the way down, and crash into the side of the ski lodge. Then, you pick yourself up and have a cup of tea with Puff the Magic Dragon and the Tooth Fairy. I speak from experience.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
You're only "tuff" if you jump out of an airplane from 15,000 feet (without a parachute), land on the top of a 8,000ft mountain (fracturing both legs in 15 places, a T12 compression fracture, 4 broken ribs, and 2 collapsed lungs), snowboard all the way down, and crash into the side of the ski lodge. Then, you pick yourself up and have a cup of tea with Puff the Magic Dragon and the Tooth Fairy. I speak from experience.

bah, I did the exact same thing, except I was covered in gasoline and on fire the whole time.