Your own forum?

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I know a lot of people here have their own forum, including me. Who else out there has their own forum(s) and how successful are they? How long have you had them?

I've had mine (from www.gigglygrinch.com/forums and then changed to forums.planethzl.com) for maybe about 3 or so years. I think like any other forum, we've had our busy times and slow times. How is it for everyone else?

EDIT:

Changed my link.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
I want my own forum, and am planning it out now. Nothing yet, but I have a few promising ideas.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I have the one in my sig. The normal user sections are not very active, but it is mainly there to foster communication between higher level users.

neonerd

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2003
not too succesful yet....It's harder than it seems to try to get evaluation hardware when you're starting out...i guess it's getting a bit easier now...guess people didn't throw their hardware at anand at first either

http://forums.amdtechtour.com

the more visitors to the site, the easier to get hardware, the more reviews i can do, the more the site flourishes and amd likes me :)

dsfunk

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
I have one for no reason, been wiped a few times though and I think I'm the only one there

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: daveshel
I tried an ezboard a few years ago and it was a flop.

Mine too. So hard to get the word out.

I even got a nice write up in the local newspaper.

Flopperoonie.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I used to have an interest in getting my own forum many years ago but I don't have any reason to now. The internet is full of empty forums. Just like game servers and games. There are a million and not enough people to fill them.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperCommando
I have my own forums and I get regular traffic from about a dozen people, all of whom I know from real life.

forums.planetsuper.com
I've now met several people from here and my forums. Plus, a couple people I knew IRL first joined my forums.

I knew a lot of people had forums here, I just didn't know how many.

Egotistical Maniacs.
Who and why?

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: hzl eyed grl
I've now met several people from here and my forums. Plus, a couple people I knew IRL first joined my forums.
I basically have my forums because it's a fun project for me to work on but also because it gives all my friends a place to converse. There's only one registered user that I've never met. Kinda nice that way, though.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey Hzl!!

Mine are listed in my sig..

I started my bb as a joke.

My hobby is Turbo Buicks (Grand National's, et al), and someone was complaining on one of the other boards that there's too many Turbo Buick message boards, sooo I made up anotjer one! "YABB - Yet Another Buick Board".

:D
:D

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperSix
Originally posted by: hzl eyed grl
Originally posted by: Nik
I have one just to have it.

Hey, I've met you in real life! :Q

EDIT:

Hi SuperSix! :)

Whoo!! I;m BOLD!

;)

Yeah, baby! You know it! :D Have you registered at my forums, I can't remember. :( All us Elites need to go over there and I'll make us a super cool hang out spot. ;) LOL

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I was registered at the old place.. Not the new one yet. Still have the "restricted" forums? ;)

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperSix
I was registered at the old place.. Not the new one yet. Still have the "restricted" forums? ;)

But of course we do. We have Adult Forums and the Secret Society and a few others. :)