Your other expensive hobbies?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IgoByte

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001

<< What, besides computing, is your other expensive hobby?

I'd have to say bikes...I just spent $200 on a new wheelset, Mavic Open Pro rims laced to Shimano Ultegra hubs *drool*

Bout you?

Cars, models, clothing, anything goes.
>>

Bikes used to be and still are. I have an all-XTR LiteSpeed.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
oldsmoboat = an Oldsmobile 455 in my jet boat. 425 HP, 500 Torque in my 18' fiberglass, Deep V, enclosed engine, Glastron/Carlson.
It was "The Jet Boat Of The Year", last year, here, (blue one). Don't click on the link for the boat info.
I lost my page when NCBi.com flooded last year.
:(

Blundar

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2000
I have too many.

Women are the most insidious expensive habit imaginable because they lull you into believing you are happy spending tons of money on them. High maintenance women are frustrating.

Then cars. I've spent $2050 on engine, suspension upgrades for a car I paid $1200 for :) In the past 3 months.
Got to buy a set of slicks then I'm done for a minute... Just 93 octane gas, the occaisonal can of octane booster and lots of brake pads.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Although it hasn't become an expensive hobby YET, I'm starting to get drawn into the money pit of aftermarket tuning my car. It's not bad right now...purchased an ECU upgrade (chip), short shifter and new exhaust system. Now I'm shopping around for a nice set of rims then maybe, just maybe I'll take the plunge and get a Stage III turbo upgrade kit for my A4. I would have gotten it already but I simply cannot justify the cost of something like that...YET!

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
if i could stay here in SLC, snowboarding would definitely be a hobby, for now tho it's just while i'm here :(
other than that i've got no other expensive hobbies...

oh...drinking sometimes gets expensive cuz i prefer johnny walker blue...but i don't drink as much as i used to...

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
The Hot Deals forum. That 204-cans-of-pepsi deal was too good to pass up. Mountain dew supply from now until the end of summer. Pics available as soon as I can find my compactflash card.