Your Local Gas prices?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
$2.15 for lowest regular. I'm still hoping beyond hope that gas hits $3 regular, AT LEAST.

Highest I've seen is $2.43 I think for premium, at some place that thought it could charge $.13 more _per grade_. Silly buggars.

Why would you hope it gets more expensive?

mdchesne

Banned
Feb 27, 2005
wow, you guys are so lucky. 2.25s and 2.15s omg.... up here in boondock michigan, it's an astounding 2.45

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
$2.15 for lowest regular. I'm still hoping beyond hope that gas hits $3 regular, AT LEAST.

Highest I've seen is $2.43 I think for premium, at some place that thought it could charge $.13 more _per grade_. Silly buggars.
So people lessen their wasteful habits and realize we've hit peak oil and need to start mass-producting alternative fuelds NOW.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: conjur

So people lessen their wasteful habits and realize we've hit peak oil and need to start mass-producting alternative fuelds NOW.

I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think that will happen, even if gas does hit $3.00.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think that will happen, even if gas does hit $3.00.
It'll start. $3/gallon would see a marked decrease in SUV (esp. the gargantuan variety) sales and moves toward smaller and hybrid vehicles.

madogvt

Sep 9, 2001
It was between $2.15 and $2.17 for regular this morning in my town southern Vermont.

GT4

Feb 1, 2005
$2.15 in Kissimmee Florida
$2.45 right outside BVL next to Disney World.

GT4

Feb 1, 2005
$2.15 for 87 in Kissimmee Florida
$2.45 for 87 right outside the tourist traps next to Disney World.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Less traffic on the roads, only the rich will be able to drive. :thumbsup:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I am gonna start riding my bike to work, I am already riding my bike to my friend's houses now.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MetalMat
I am gonna start riding my bike to work, I am already riding my bike to my friend's houses now.

I have to drive across the World's longest bridge (Ponchartrain Causeway) over by New Orleans, they do not allow bikes on the 24 mile span.

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
filled up this morning @ $2.439 Premium Gas here in Miami, FL

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Highest I have seen so far is $2.39 for regular with the lowest being something like $2.20 here in Seattle. We tend to have some of the highest prices in the country which has always seemed strange to me.

Funny thing is, Spokane, WA which is a city of almost 300,000 on the other side of the state typcially has 5-10 cents lower gas than Seattle. Of course the cost of living and average sallary are lower there so it goes to show that you can price gas according to your consumer base.

-spike

cruzer

Dec 30, 2001
Just heard on the news ExxonMobil is now the most profitable company in the world.
25 Billion in PROFIT last year.

A strange trend in my neighborhood in Phoenix, AZ: Circle K gas stations no longer sell the upper two levels of gas, they only sell the 87 octane regular unleaded. Weird, I guess no one was buying the premium stuff?

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: MetalMat

I have to drive across the World's longest bridge (Ponchartrain Causeway) over by New Orleans, they do not allow bikes on the 24 mile span.

I like to fish out there. The atchafalya basin bridge is a pretty far drive to, nto as long as that bridge but long still.