Your guns are useless

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
You tell 'em OP. As to your bullet points:
1. You know what intimidates bad guys even LESS than a gun? A Not-gun.

2. He's a trooper if he can still do his job with a sucking chest wound.

Good points though, well thought out and articulated, full of rich history and wisdom.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
There are 2.29 million active members of the Chinese military.
There are 1.13 million active members of the Indian army.

In Nov. 2012 Americans had background checks to buy a firearm 2,006,919 times
In Dec. 2012 Americans had background checks to buy a firearm 2,783,765 times

More than enough firearms to give every member of the entire active Chinese and India armies a new firearm. All in 2 months.

Damn, I love this country!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-outfit-the-entire-chinese-and-indian-army/

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

More than enough firearms to give every member of the entire active Chinese and India armies a new firearm. All in 2 months.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-outfit-the-entire-chinese-and-indian-army/
:thumbsup:

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

r3PfY.jpg

'Murika Strong! :awe:

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011

Nice! USA is much better place to live than those two. See the pattern?

Ban guns and USA will turn into India and China.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Too bad we can't find ammo to shoot said guns anywhere :D derp, derp duh-derp

Dream on, when's the last time you actually went out and shopped for ammo? It's available all over the place, you'll just have to pay a premium for it.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
As a legitimate sports hunter, I agree 100% with fisherman. Does anyone rationally think a rag tag citizens militia armed with conventional firearms would stand a change against any modern army equipped with artillery pieces with ranges up to 10 miles, also equipped with air craft, bombs, tanks, drones, would stand a snowballs chance in hell?
But maybe point granted, it somewhat possible as the US military and other governments have lost to insurgents in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. But still its a NRA fallacy in the USA, to stand a chance as an insurgent movement anywhere, you have to be popular with the local population, and earth to NRA, you and your totally nutty crapola is becoming less and less popular in the USA each and every day. When we have both an exponential domestic rise in gun violence in the USA, and the NRA stupidly opposes any measures that could reduce the number of firearms in the hands of total nuts and criminals. With total NRA nuts often now the definition of the current NRA nuts who want to be able to conceal and carry so they can be a vigilante mob member like George Zimmerman and slay a 16 year old kid armed with only a box of candy and a soft drink.

As the fellow I 100% disagree with is. " sm625 who says, "Every 15 minutes a violent crime is prevented by guns. 99+% of the time the gun is never discharged."

As I call it a bogus statistic and pure NRA fiction. As I call for an iota of proof from sm625.

Sometimes I can't tell if people posting things like this really think things through before posting. Lets think about this a little more:

1. Things get so bad in the US that the US Fed leadership either decides to start attacking citizens/States, or, a reversal, the citizens/States decide to make a little trip to DC and straighten things out.

2. In either case, what the Fed defense would be composed of are Federal troops, and, any civilians and State people loyal to their cause.

3. The problem is, very large %'s of, and I'd say, the majority of, those Federal troops - and for certain our officer core - have zero love for DC.

4. So, what you are saying, and what you are banking your argument on, is that these Fed troops, who are in large part compromised in large %'s of people who would have been, and would be, living in times that are so bad it's come to the point of the few Fed vs. Everyone else, that the Fed troops as you view them now would somehow - insanely - be more loyal to the Fed Leadership rather than the own civilian population they themselves are from, have friends and family in, and in large %'s, would support over the Fed itself.

5. Given this, you still think that these highly compromised Fed units, who may or may not have reliable and/or effective access to these more powerful instruments of war (due to the highly compromised Fed millitary that in all likelyhood, would in no way go attack the same citizenry they're part of), are then somehow going to effectively reform, rearm, and then go fight citizenry that a.) massively outnumbers them, b.) is armed to various degrees (from those same jets, helicopters, tanks, vehicles, and armaments), and would in fact have large numbers of the same highly trained Fed troops that have in fact become patriots to their new cause.

6. You think that'd go well...so well in fact, that you think it's pointless for citzens to be armed with weapons that would make the remaining Fed troops more than just a little wary of doing things like, oh, getting out of their tanks, troop carriers, Humvees, getting into their airplanes, helis, or even, like, living at above ground/lightly defended bases.

Alrighty then...

Last edited:

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004

:cool:

f1sherman

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2011
5. Given this, you still think that these highly compromised Fed units, who may or may not have reliable and/or effective access to these more powerful instruments of war (due to the highly compromised Fed millitary that in all likelyhood, would in no way go attack the same citizenry they're part of), are then somehow going to effectively reform, rearm, and then go fight citizenry that a.) massively outnumbers them, b.) is armed to various degrees (from those same jets, helicopters, tanks, vehicles, and armaments), and would in fact have large numbers of the same highly trained Fed troops that have in fact become patriots to their new cause.

6. You think that'd go well...so well in fact, that you think it's pointless for citzens to be armed with weapons that would make the remaining Fed troops more than just a little wary of doing things like, oh, getting out of their tanks, troop carriers, Humvees, getting into their airplanes, helis, or even, like, living at above ground/lightly defended bases.

Whenever there is a violent clash similar to that you are describing,
i.e. full scale war between small Praetorian-guard-like armed minority vs The People - People always win.
Easily. Guns or no guns.

And the idea of your little-shooter tipping the scales in such a ridic scenario, or preventing it... Very romantic, but delusional.

Anyway, back to THE REAL WORLD.
New York state and federal Mafia, corrupted police, criminals within government institutions, executions of citizens...

http://truth-out.org/news/item/10943-the-death-of-sunny-sheu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bovopx5Z71I

I suppose the real world stuff is of no concern to you guys.
Because you are waiting for G-men to kick your doors in, take your gun, burn your house,
rob you blindly
(done that!).
Then, and only then you are going to do something manly. (Move to Japan, or Canada?)

OK, I agree. Let's go back to guarding our guns.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So.... When the big bad government comes marching down your street hunting for u, your big bad gun is going to save u?
Silly.
Guns are so Matt Dillon.
If the government had any desire to go after citizens, you wouldn't see or hear them coming #1, and not one gun would be used to take u out #2.
But anyway, we all love to play make believe.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
So.... When the big bad government comes marching down your street hunting for u, your big bad gun is going to save u?
Silly.
Guns are so Matt Dillon.
If the government had any desire to go after citizens, you wouldn't see or hear them coming #1, and not one gun would be used to take u out #2.
But anyway, we all love to play make believe.

You mean the same government that has totally crushed the opposition in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Olikan

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2011

these bad guys...would just cut water, food, fuel and power supply...

in just a matter of time, it's own population kill themselfes for food and water...your guns will be used against yourselfs

Status
Not open for further replies.