Your favourite OMFG moment in Gaming

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Okay guys, this thread has only one objective. To get all the favourite "OMFG" moments that you've come across in your gaming life under one thread.

For example:

Braid: The ending. Dont want to spoil it for anyone. But the shocking end is the best ending to any game ever IMO. Finished the game at 2 30am and couldnt sleep the rest of the night.

Hopefully, you guys might have more to add on. Cheers!!

Also, please use the ::SPOILER:: tag if you have any intentions of revealing crucial plot points.

Last edited:

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I didn't know anything about the plot twist in KotOR, and it caught me completely off guard.

But the betrayal in BG2 is still probably #1.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks for the spoiler, OP. I was planning on finishing Braid one day. Guess I have no reason to now.

Seriously though: Use spoiler tags please.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Freespace 2 had a chain of them when it came to ships.

OMFG Colossus. That's huge but it's going to die.

OMFG Ravana Destroyer in the nebula. Where did that come from?!

OMFG SATHANAS!!!

Okay, we're safe. Knossos Portal going down. OMFG Sathanas just jumped through the

Taking down the beams, Colossus doing well. OMFG We've taken down the Sathanas! Humanity is saved!

And the list goes on...

My favourite has to be:
DIVE DIVE DIVE!!! HIT YOUR AFTERBURNERS PILOT!!!
A great way to empty your bowels on a mission you know you'll be emptying your bowels on anyway.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Freespace 2 had a chain of them when it came to ships.

OMFG Colossus. That's huge but it's going to die.

OMFG Ravana Destroyer in the nebula. Where did that come from?!

OMFG SATHANAS!!!

Okay, we're safe. Knossos Portal going down. OMFG Sathanas just jumped through the

Taking down the beams, Colossus doing well. OMFG We've taken down the Sathanas! Humanity is saved!

And the list goes on...

My favourite has to be:
A great way to empty your bowels on a mission you know you'll be emptying your bowels on anyway.

What a roller coaster that game was! Up there for me in all time favs for sure. BG2's betrayal was a big "nooooooo!" for me too. As was the epilogue for Viconia...

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i had some odd on fire moment once in cs:s. i cleared office by myself with a p90 against a team of hardened pro's and i did it twice, in a row.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
FF7 for sure.
Aerith dies?? N-OHHHHHHHHH

and i know
she can be revived

makken

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2004
Unreal 1, the hallway.

My favourite has to be:

and that too. I very nearly broke my joystick when it happened.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Shadow of the Colossus:

Agro falling down and is presumed dead....Nooooooo. What a sigh of relief when he limps back in the end though.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
i had some odd on fire moment once in cs:s. i cleared office by myself with a p90 against a team of hardened pro's and i did it twice, in a row.
One could feel like a god doing something like that in CS because when your entire team has been taken out and there are still 5 left on the other side, the end is already fated. Except you get lucky and manage to take each one of them out. It was wonderful feeling. Rare, though.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Anachronox. The gameplay itself was kinda meh but the storyline kept me going omfg. I haven't played many games with a storyline that original and well written.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Rainbow six the original, the road map.

Was playing multiplayer and i was the sniper with a single shot bolt action rifle from the NATO 2 weapons pack and a pistol.

Our whole team got wiped except me who was way in the back cause i was sniping.

I waited for 10 min but no one went around the bend in the middle of the map and i got tired of waiting and ran around the bend onto their side with my pistol out and managed to kill all of them including their sniper which had to have at least 40 shots at me before i got to him and I lived.

Was one of the most epic things i remember about my gaming history.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Okay guys, this thread has only one objective. To get all the favourite "OMFG" moments that you've come across in your gaming life under one thread.

For example:

Braid: The ending. Dont want to spoil it for anyone. But the shocking end is the best ending to any game ever IMO. Finished the game at 2 30am and couldnt sleep the rest of the night.

Hopefully, you guys might have more to add on. Cheers!!

Also, please use the ::SPOILER:: tag if you have any intentions of revealing crucial plot points.

I'm just impressed that you finished Braid. That is a hard f'in game.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
I'm just impressed that you finished Braid. That is a hard f'in game.

I really liked that game, not hard in my opinion either. It was just getting the basic concepts down since they mix things up every level.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I say it over and over..Dark age of camelet. Nothing says "OMG NERF" than when you liay a field of shrooms inside a tower and wipe out 30+ people trying to charge in when they gate falls. :D Then you alt-tab out and see everyone crying in forum.