You think this would taste bad?

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
I mistakingly grabbed one can of chicken broth and one can of beef broth instead of two of the same. Do you think mixing them for the stew I am making would taste bad?

L

Lola

not at all. if you grabbed a can of beef and then a can of fish broth, well, that might be a bit off, but that will be fine!

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Why do so many people have problems with mixing meats. Every woman I dated thought it was a horrible idea. But then I show them chicken cordon blue has chicken + ham, or bacon wrapped steaks, or Chineese food which half the dishes seem to have mixed meat entrees.

For broth, it is even less distracting. All you did was add colored salt water with a hint of meat flavoring. Who cares if one is brown and the other is yellow, the salt water will taste the same.

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004
yesterday my girlfriend tossed together some unusual concoction of watercress, chicken broth, beef (short ribs), and any number of random other ingredients. A few hours in the crock pot revealed a most surprisingly delicious stew.

^not rehearsed, i swear :eek:

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Actually, you can mix chicken and beef broth together for a substitute for pork broth in a pinch. It's amazingly close in flavor.