You know what? The world really hates Israel.

Aug 10, 2001

<< U.S. veto expected on Middle East

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- Saying that the United Nations isn't the proper forum to resolve Mideast violence, the United States was expected to veto a Security Council resolution early Saturday that called for an immediate halt to the escalating violence in the Middle East and would have establish international monitoring to protect Palestinians.
>>

But what it said at the end of the article really caught my attention:

<< However, the document did not specifically call for a halt to suicide attacks on Israelis which have left 35 dead this month. >>

So, in other words, the Palestinian people need to be protected while the suicide bombers (directed by Hamas and the Islamic Jihad) blow up Israeli civilians. This world makes no sense.

I don't know whether to be sad or angry. :(:|:(:|:(

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/meast/12/14/un.usforecast/index.html

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved...

Aug 10, 2001

<< Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved... >>

I sorta agree, but Jews don't fight in the name of any god because they don't believe in an afterlife. And I should know because I'm a Jew.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved... >>

Dude, I'm down.

The reason terrorism is so common is that if a war were to take place today, Israel would win...not only win, they'd somehow manage to take over Damascus and Cairo in the process of defending their borders...

Also, France wouldn't be involved in the war at all, but they'd still surrender to Israel.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001

<<

Dude, I'm down.

The reason terrorism is so common is that if a war were to take place today, Israel would win...not only win, they'd somehow manage to take over Damascus and Cairo in the process of defending their borders...

Also, France wouldn't be involved in the war at all, but they'd still surrender to Israel.
>>

France? Lol, i suppose hindsight for France is most certainly 20/20, but with their history of war, they will just give up before anything even happens.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved...

easy for you to say.. we love oil and suvs, so yes we should be involved. nutcases controlling oil.. talk about undeserving grr.

Aug 10, 2001

<< Also, France wouldn't be involved in the war at all, but they'd still surrender to Israel. >>

The French would surrender to my Grandmother. :p

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001

<< Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved...

easy for you to say.. we love oil and suvs, so yes we should be involved. nutcases controlling oil.. talk about undeserving grr.
>>

Actually.. if Bush would get off his ass and tap Alaska and Texas for oil, we wouldnt be dependent on the middle east for oil.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
<<Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved...>>

I'm sorry, am I missing something here?

By the way, Vespasian, I wouldn't worry. I think Israel has our support. The reason we perhaps didn't call for the end of the suicide bombings officially is because it would make absolutely no difference whatsoever. The Hamas doesn't give a damn about UN resolutions.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Actually.. if Bush would get off his ass and tap Alaska and Texas for oil, we wouldnt be dependent on the middle east for oil.

for the 6 months supply or whatever that will take quite a while to setup? what happens after we tap that out? we crawl back on our hands and knees and beg opec.. right.... personally i'd rather leech the middle easts only natural resource dry and leave them to rot. long term they are screwed. dont touch our own reserves. many of those countries can't feed themselves.. will be nice selling em our food:p

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001

<< Actually.. if Bush would get off his ass and tap Alaska and Texas for oil, we wouldnt be dependent on the middle east for oil. >>

That's a really informed opinion there. No doubt the truth. There simply isn't enough oil in the united states that is readily available for us to tap to keep the nation running. There use to be before we became fully motorized but those days are long gone. Try reading the gasoline faq if your interested in some information.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
what we need to do is lessen dependance on crude oil. we should reengineer our cars to use vegetable oil for a start

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
i remember reading a bit about that veg oil.. isn't it ethanol from corn? i think the problem was that supplying that much without replacing our food crops isn't possible.

flyfish

Oct 23, 2000
This could all come to an end if there were a Palestinian State. That way, Israel could declare war on the Country of Palestine and be done with it.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved... >>

But the problem is, in the eyes of Israel's foes, we are seen as "guilty by association", and I see no way we can ever escape that. You only have to listen to the reaction to the UBL tape to see this attitude is deeply ingrained.

<< but Jews don't fight in the name of any god because they don't believe in an afterlife. And I should know because I'm a Jew. >>

Say what? Are you are actually a practicing Jew, or just of Jewish ancestry ?

<< Actually.. if Bush would get off his ass and tap Alaska and Texas for oil, we wouldnt be dependent on the middle east for oil. >>

I could care less what they do to Texas, but destroying one of the last bastions of pristine wilderness in an attempt to find oil is totally unacceptable (not to mention selfish).

And the fact is, within the next year, perhaps sooner, Russia will become the #1 world-wide producer of oil, bumping Saudi Arabia to #2. The biggest reason oil and gasoline prices are so low right now is because Russia has continued to increase its production and doesn't belong to or operate in conjunction with OPEC. So we have no need to rape Alaska on the chance of finding oil there.

Instead, we should spend that money on alternative fuel research. Most of the major car companies have considerable experience with methanol, due to their participation in open wheel racing (F1 is the only series that doesn't use methanol). And Nazi Germany was able to produce synthetic petroleum products during WWII, IIRC they used coal as a basis to work from. If we could do the same, we'd not only be able to make the products cheaply, we could re-employ a huge number of workers in Appalachia, which has some of the worst living conditions, poverty, and unemployment in all of the U.S.

But alas, none of this will happen in the near future, our top two leaders are both deeply connected to the oil and energy industries.

Aug 10, 2001

<< Say what? Are you are actually a practicing Jew, or just of Jewish ancestry ? >>

What did I say that was so shocking?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
U.N. observers, they could stop the Israelis from retaliation, they would do nothing to stop the suicide bombers.

I could care less what they do to Texas, but destroying one of the last bastions of pristine wilderness in an attempt to find oil is totally unacceptable (not to mention selfish).

You have bought the tree huggers line that it would 'destroy' the wilderness. That has not been the case in other drilling sites in Alaska and would not be the case in the ANWR.

But alas, none of this will happen in the near future, our top two leaders are both deeply connected to the oil and energy industries.

We had a President for the last eight years that was not connected to the oil industry in any way. We're still in the same situation. Your premise is flawed.

auyong

Banned
Nov 29, 2000
I read sometime ago that Mazda created some engine that runs on water (somehow separating water into hydrogen gas and oxygen). Wonder what happened to it...maybe something like that would make the world less dependent on the Middle East and then we can let them rot!

Warin

Sep 6, 2001

<< Jews don't fight in the name of any god because they don't believe in an afterlife >>

Are you certain? After all, the jewish folk pretty much follow the old testament, and that's full of angels and heaven, innit?

littlegohan

Oct 10, 2001

<< Let them kill each other in the name of their gods until there is nothing left. I am tired of hearing about americans dying in afghanistan because of some bullsh|t holy war with israel. America shouldn't even be involved...

>>

Americans is produce so much pollution
They are also the nation that consumes the most resources in the world

Aug 10, 2001

<< Are you certain? After all, the jewish folk pretty much follow the old testament, and that's full of angels and heaven, innit? >>

I'm positive. There is no heaven and hell in Judaism.