You Can Win a Toshiba SSD With Our Latest Giveaway

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesc359

Apr 26, 2017
Reliability of course. Fast reads and writes are great, but nothing (hardware related) will ruin your day faster than a failed drive.

Dhardrian

Apr 29, 2017
anandtech.png

We have a brand new giveaway lined up for the AnandTech community, courtesy of our friends at Toshiba.

We teamed up with Toshiba to bring you a giveaway for four brand new SSDs. Up for grabs this time are two units each of the external OCZ XS700 and the internal OCZ RC100. Boost your speed and power on the go and at home with these solid state drives. For your chance to win follow the instructions on the giveaway widget linked here.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia, 18 or older. For a complete list of rules please see the Terms and Conditions on the Gleam Giveaway Widget. This giveaway is open until July 9, 2018.

Dhardrian

Apr 29, 2017
Most important feature to me is fast boot speed. We just need to get Microsoft to allow TRUE boot drives and data drives like Linux so C: doesn't get filled up so fast when stuff doesn't install completely where you tell it to.

curtis206

May 2, 2017
anandtech.png

We have a brand new giveaway lined up for the AnandTech community, courtesy of our friends at Toshiba.

We teamed up with Toshiba to bring you a giveaway for four brand new SSDs. Up for grabs this time are two units each of the external OCZ XS700 and the internal OCZ RC100. Boost your speed and power on the go and at home with these solid state drives. For your chance to win follow the instructions on the giveaway widget linked here.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia, 18 or older. For a complete list of rules please see the Terms and Conditions on the Gleam Giveaway Widget. This giveaway is open until July 9, 2018.
The speed!

SloppyG

Jul 1, 2018
Power consumption is pretty important to me right now (esp for PCIE ssd's) as they can impact battery life significantly.

omegadoom13

Mar 13, 2011
Speed is important, but for everyday normal use, it's not as important as capacity for me since I want a large SSD to hold my favorite games.

D3SPAIR

Jul 1, 2018
Speed would be the most important feature for me for an SSD. Next would be storage space

Aichon

Apr 12, 2017
For me, the thing that sets SSDs apart is speed, of course, since I'm still living with HDDs for most of my storage. Even so, the thing that I suspect will be most important in my next build is their ability to slot into M.2 with high capacities more easily.

sns_Encoder

Jul 3, 2018
I haven't had the pleasure to experience it first hand but with the Video provided by Scan UK, a comparisson of HDD vs. the SSD .. Simply Put.. The Best feature of Such SSD is ... SPEED... and with it comes boosts in performance and Much more...

Jad77

Mar 23, 2005
It used to be speed, but we've crossed a threshold performance wise, now I look for the most capacity for the money.

Vince_V

Jul 5, 2018
My favorite SSD feature is write endurance. New laptops often only support a single NVMe drive which makes failure (and recovery) near catastrophic to the person using the device.

TheRoonDogg

Apr 18, 2017
My M.2 just died (which is rediculous, it's not even two years old), so thanks for a shot at this. I miss the loading speeds of that PCIE drive. I think the capacity is the bigger meaning now, as drive speed is inherent to the form factor. Glad to see the capacities are catching up though, while prices are going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.