You Can Win a Toshiba SSD With Our Latest Giveaway

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly666

Jun 28, 2018
Most important feature of an SSD is definitely reliability over a hard disk drive, and performance obviously. Way faster and more reliable.

paulgrr63

Apr 12, 2017
The most important features for me are storage capacity and speed. Color also matters, slightly.

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
I favor the ability to provide consistent performance through reasonable storage utilization and sustained operations (r/w).

Skyzoomer

Sep 27, 2007
The most important feature for me is that the SSD will not fail for at least 7 years for an advanced home user, which I believe I am. This is why having at least a 5 year warranty is important to give confidence that the 7 year target will probably be achieved.

(Top SATA III speeds way faster than spinning hard drives is a given, since that is why the SSD is used in the first place. I don't need, and probably won't notice speed increase beyond SATA III top speed for what I do, explained below.)

I use my PC every day, averaging about 5 - 8 hours of web browsing, youtube playback, and documenting everything I learn or need to remember in word processor documents and spreadsheets. I do advanced photo and video editing after attending special events or after vacations. I'll probably change computers after about 5-6 years which is why my target SSD life is 7 years to be on the safe side.

avrion

Apr 12, 2017
Most important for me would be capacity and durability. Most SSDs are plenty fast already, at least for my needs.

Talosid

Jun 29, 2018
anandtech.png

We have a brand new giveaway lined up for the AnandTech community, courtesy of our friends at Toshiba.

We teamed up with Toshiba to bring you a giveaway for four brand new SSDs. Up for grabs this time are two units each of the external OCZ XS700 and the internal OCZ RC100. Boost your speed and power on the go and at home with these solid state drives. For your chance to win follow the instructions on the giveaway widget linked here.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia, 18 or older. For a complete list of rules please see the Terms and Conditions on the Gleam Giveaway Widget. This giveaway is open until July 9, 2018.
The most important feature in a ssd is speed!

Sandler73

May 2, 2017
Number of things things can be rated as most important feature for SSD memory. It is my opinion that there is a shared equivalence in importance between read/write speed and memory longevity. The SSD drive could write faster than any other competitor drive but if it reaches its end of life too quickly or has low quality then it is just a waste of money. Memory failing is actually probably worse than having poor read/write speeds when considering that you will need to potentially rebuild/reload everything.

johnny cee

Apr 26, 2017
anandtech.png

We have a brand new giveaway lined up for the AnandTech community, courtesy of our friends at Toshiba.

We teamed up with Toshiba to bring you a giveaway for four brand new SSDs. Up for grabs this time are two units each of the external OCZ XS700 and the internal OCZ RC100. Boost your speed and power on the go and at home with these solid state drives. For your chance to win follow the instructions on the giveaway widget linked here.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia, 18 or older. For a complete list of rules please see the Terms and Conditions on the Gleam Giveaway Widget. This giveaway is open until July 9, 2018.

sequential and 4k read speed is most important

LliamLliam

May 3, 2017
For me? Longevity. Speed is nice, but if you can't get more than a year or so of use out of the hardware, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.