You Can Win a Toshiba SSD With Our Latest Giveaway

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
Ha! What a joke. It wouldn't accept just my name and email, but requires me to link via facebook or twitter to verify that I am a "REAL" person. Facebook + Twitter = Evil, and I don't have either accounts, and I will forever stay rooted in the 20th century.

peevee

Nov 14, 2013
What is more important depends on how much of that you already have. Reliability is very important when competition fails every year, but every 10 million years on average? Other things become more important. Space is very important if you have only 128GB and even your bare Windows barely fits. 2TB is OK for most users without large video collections though. Read latencies and speeds are important (in single-user scenarios) when you have to wait more than 0.1s for all of them combined to finish real life operations. Write latencies are not important at all as writes are all cashed and asynchronous on modern OSes (a user does not wait for them to finish to do anything else). But very important on database servers with ACID.

jordanclock

Aug 15, 2006
The most important SSD feature for me is RGB, but no one has it yet, so I'll settle for those crazy low access times.

Baenwort

Feb 28, 2006
Reliable Performance. absolute speed matters less to me than smooth and consistent performance.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Speed and reliability at competitive prices.

tyger11

Apr 26, 2017
The most important features in an SSD is reliability. It doesn't matter how big or fast your SSD is if it loses data.

DevilGelgoogNewtype

Jun 28, 2018
The most important feature of SSDs is the blazing fast speeds and reliabilty which I research before the purchase as well as prices.

Thank you

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
speed then capacity then price.

jardows

Oct 17, 2011
Most important feature for an SSD for me is reliability. Can't have a storage drive dying losing all your data!

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
The most important feature kind of depends on it's application. If I'm looking for an SSD for my gaming build, I really only care about speed. If it's for a family member's web browser, price is most important. If it's business related, it's all about that reliability. It's kind of hard to put a blanket response on the most important feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.