You better wrap it up . . . or abstain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito
I urge everyone here to decline to respond to him, since he's obviously not interested in any real-world discussion.
Now you are getting it. Stop feeding a Troll, and it'll eventually shrivel up and die.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
How is this news? You mean Sexually Transmitted Diseases are transmitted.... *gasp* sexually? And you should wear a condom to protect yourself?!?!?! WHAT?!!?!? Are you serious?!?!

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Doboji
How is this news? You mean Sexually Transmitted Diseases are transmitted.... *gasp* sexually? And you should wear a condom to protect yourself?!?!?! WHAT?!!?!? Are you serious?!?!

Some people are unaware the middle school kids are having sex, jr high kids are having even more, and sr high kids are having a lot.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Some people are unaware the middle school kids are having sex, jr high kids are having even more, and sr high kids are having a lot.

I would call these people stupid.... how can you not know? All these reports of teenage pregnancies?

Sheesh... what the hell is wrong with people?

I agree with your point BTW... I'm just amazed that people still haven't got a clue.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: zendari
BTW I consider this a parent responsibility...

Seems like teenage abortions should be a parental responsibility too then.

Well yes... they should be the parent's responsibility, and the teenager's choice.

-Max

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
How can you have responsibility without choice? It's the teenagers choice to engage in physical contact and get herpes in the first place.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
How can you have responsibility without choice? It's the teenagers choice to engage in physical contact and get herpes in the first place.

Should we withhold treatment of herpes then because it was their fault they got it?

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005

Should we withhold treatment of herpes then because it was their fault they got it?

No. But its their choice and their responsibility to get their own treatment.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001

No. But its their choice and their responsibility to get their own treatment.

So teenagers should cover their own healthcare then?

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Up to the parents if they want to cover it or not.

Thats where you and I disagree... the parents should cover it, regardless of if they want to.

-Max

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Up to the parents if they want to cover it or not.

Thats where you and I disagree... the parents should cover it, regardless of if they want to.

-Max

I don't think we want to leave the treatment of highly communicable diseases up to the whims of hormone-throttled teens . . .

imported_Tango

Golden Member
Mar 8, 2005
Originally posted by: halik
Keeping your legs closed would be a proper intervention.

Sure,
staying at home is a great way to prevent car accidents too... In either case it's hardly a practical solution.

Plenty of people in this country live without sexual activity. It's very practical if one makes the choice to.

Obviously when one gets into a car you run the risk of getting plowed by a truck; if you choose to engage in activities you should consider the risks involved.

Abstaining from sex is inhuman. Life without love has no meaning. Love without sex has no meaning. Aristotele would conclude Life without sex has no meaninig. Anybody older than 14 (and still with mental health) would agree.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: shira
And underlying almost everything Zendari spews, one gets the sense of seething spite. Why is that? Several months ago I proposed a hypothesis: Zendari is filled with self-hatred because he is gay and cannot accept that fact. I've repeated that on at least one other occasion. Zendari has never denied that hypothesis.

So I think that what we have here is someone desperately fighting against himself, and sublimating his self-rage by turning it against others.
Forgive me. I'll deny it now.

Not entirely right about your ranting though, I don't care much for the morning after pill anymore, unless the liberal culture of coercion forces stores to sell it.
So you're telling us you're just a well-adjusted, happy person whose primary mode of discourse is controlled rage? Riiiiiight.

In what way does your DISLIKE of the morning-after pill demonstrate that my "ranting" was inaccurate. Naturally, you view Plan B as the equivalent of an abortion, despite the strong medical consensus that it is no such thing.

And speaking of coercion, ain't it funny how you champion the "moral choice" of bigots to not perform duties required by state licensing boards, but you have no problem at all with forcing a woman to carry to term a 16-celled blastocyst that she has no moral qualms in extinguishing. How come her "moral choice" shouldn't be free?

Tell you what, I'll grant your health-care-provider-bigots the free choice to refuse to provide service to whomever they want, but in return you grant all women the free choice to get Plan B and/or abortion on demand (from a consenting provider. naturally) up to fetal viability.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
BTW I consider this a parent responsibility...

Seems like teenage abortions should be a parental responsibility too then.

I can't agree that teenage abortions are a parental responsibility. By the time a fetus reaches teenage status, the parents should no longer have the option of aborting it, regardless of how obnoxious the teenager is.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: halik
Keeping your legs closed would be a proper intervention.

Sure,
staying at home is a great way to prevent car accidents too... In either case it's hardly a practical solution.

Plenty of people in this country live without sexual activity. It's very practical if one makes the choice to.

Yeah when you are ugly, fat or creepy looking/acting you usually don't have a lot sex or sexual encounters. Also not having sex is as practical and normal human behavior as not breathing at all. Good luck on that idea.