Yikes... Tried to pick up my migraine medicine, $252 for 36 tablets.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Or I could get 9 pills for $40 (the max my plan allows) :(

Relpax

I hate my migraines, but they aren't worth $5-$10 a pop to get rid of (once in a while I need two to get rid of it)

So far i've been less than pleased since we switched to BCBS. Never had issues in the past with Aetna covering anything I was prescribed, but i'm batting around 500 right now with BCBS.

Ideas for other migraine medicine I should try?

Already tried Maxalt and didn't care for the sleepy side-effect, but might see if thats any cheaper.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: isekii
whaty you get ? imitrex ?

Sorry, left that out of the OP.... Just added it.

Relpax.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I take imitrex. Once there was a problem and the store wanted me to pay full price for the 9 tabs. It was like $100 and i thought that it was ridiculous. I didn't pay that as I straightened it out but the next time I got a migraine I would have been happy to pay the $100 if I was out of imitrex.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
I take imitrex. Once there was a problem and the store wanted me to pay full price for the 9 tabs. It was like $100 and i thought that it was ridiculous. I didn't pay that as I straightened it out but the next time I got a migraine I would have been happy to pay the $100 if I was out of imitrex.

If i hide me head under a mountain of pillows blocking out all light and sound, I can usually keep mine from totally destroying my day. $10/pill is insanity.

cdmccool

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2006
My doctor assured me that it is legal(I don't have health insurance). She said I could find several different sites using google.

I haven't tried it yet, sorry I don't have more info. It was just an idea I was throwing out there.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

They have Imigran® / Imitrex® for

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

and the prices include shipping. Mind you it might take up to 4 weeks to get. I ordered some "honeymoon" pills from there so they have worked well for me. ;)

Good luck

They also, I just saw, have Soma and Celebrex in the pain control section.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

and the prices include shipping. Mind you it might take up to 4 weeks to get. I ordered some "honeymoon" pills from there so they have worked well for me. ;)

Good luck

Is this stuff legal or are the Feds going to come, kicking down the door?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

Good luck

Is this stuff legal or are the Feds going to come, kicking down the door?

As far as I know you are legally allowed to order if you are on doctors orders and/or up to a 30 day supply without a prescription . Over 30 days, outside the us, requries a prescription. But unless you are selling them I dount you would be looked at anyways.
A lot of people do this to save money, canada and india are the 2 most popular for this. So it is the same legal boat as ordering meds from canada. It is illegal persay but not gone after unless you are selling them in the us.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

Good luck

Do you need proof of a prescription to order from here?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

Good luck

Soma is the most annoying muscle relaxer ever... just FYI

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

Good luck

No its in india and does not require one., But please don;t order pain drugs if you do not REALLY need them for a REAL medical problem. This seems to be a good decent place and I rather it not get taken down because of drugies/seller. Not saying you are so please don;t take that the wrong way.
I just ordered some Cholesterol drugs from them as they were cheaper then even with my insurance. I have cheap insurance.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
If tablet imitrex isn't covered under your insurance, be sure to see it regular injectibles or stat-doses are covered instead. This has always been a constant battle with my wife's various insurances over the years. Some cover tabs, other injectibles, others neither, etc...Her current plan will only cover 4 100mg tabs in a month, but they'll also cover a box of 5 or 6 injectibles per month as well....I hate insurance companies.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Call your insurance company and ask what the lowest tier drug in this category is, then ask the prescriber to write a script.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
You migraine people must be the reason my insurance is so high :( Use an icepick to the temple or something.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Evadman
You migraine people must be the reason my insurance is so high :( Use an icepick to the temple or something.

Yep...

I was just reading about a compounded drug with reglan & aspirin in it that's pretty effective & cheap.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Well i did a little searching and it looks like Zomig is covered, tier 2. So the copay would be $20 for 9 tablets. Gonna see if my doc will write a script for it tomm.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Zomig didn't do anything for me. It made my throat feel really constricted and caused pretty intense pain, iirc...

I've tried several migraine medicines and honestly, the only one that works for me is a pretty basic (OTC) combo that my neurologist told me to try: 2 500mg Bayer Back & Body + 1 500mg Acetaminophen. It might not work for you, but I was really surprised when it actually did for me. Usually within 30-45 minutes my migraine is gone.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I can't remember what it's called but you can file an appeal thru your doctor to have them cover the drug. Have you done this?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll
OP, try this site...

Budget Meds

10 x 50 mg $39.95
20 x 50 mg $75.95
30 x 50 mg $99.95

Good luck

No its in india and does not require one., But please don;t order pain drugs if you do not REALLY need them for a REAL medical problem. This seems to be a good decent place and I rather it not get taken down because of drugies/seller. Not saying you are so please don;t take that the wrong way.
I just ordered some Cholesterol drugs from them as they were cheaper then even with my insurance. I have cheap insurance.

Not too familiar with real pain meds are you? The ones they sell are not narcotics, so they will NOT put them on anyone's radar, you're ok.