Yet another shipping thread.

promposive

Jun 15, 2004
What do you think the best way to ship some empty normal sized backpacks (individually)?
A friend suggested these tyvek/poly bags, but I cant find any at officemax or usps website, so I will check a local shipping store to see if they sell them seperately.
OR, just a big box? Or what do you suggest?

And...
USPS, DHL, Fedex? (these are my only options)

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Just throw it in any old box that it will fit in.

Backpacks are not breakable, so you don't need packing material.

Ship it USPS Prioirty Mail.

Dec 10, 2005
If you can flatten the backpack enough, you could possibly use some kind of department store box to ship them (place bag in the box, wrap the box with brown paper).

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
Originally posted by: zerocool1
i agree with the general consensus. when I ship stuff to jansport for warranty stuff, I just ship it in a one of the priority boxes.

:Q I would never imagine sending your backpack for warrenty purposes

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: intogamer
i agree with the general consensus. when I ship stuff to jansport for warranty stuff, I just ship it in a one of the priority boxes.

I managed to tear one of my pages through normal use.

Dec 10, 2005

With the cost to ship and how much the bags cost (which tend to last for years and are fairly cheap), I would never send them back for warranty purposes.

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: Brainonska511

With the cost to ship and how much the bags cost (which tend to last for years and are fairly cheap), I would never send them back for warranty purposes.

depends on how much you're spending on a bag.
EDIT: costs me about 8 bucks to ship, bag costs 50+. You do the math

Dec 10, 2005

My last Jansport bag that lasted me the 4 years of HS was at most $40. It is still useable to this day. I bought a slightly larger Jansport bag recently and that was only $35.

But if you want to bother with their warranty procedures, that's fine with me.

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005

My last Jansport bag that lasted me the 4 years of HS was at most $40. It is still useable to this day. I bought a slightly larger Jansport bag recently and that was only $35.

So you'd rather spend $35 than $8.

Go back to high school and retake Economics.

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: keeleysam

ok so maybe it wasn't 50 bucks , I bought my last jansport 6 years ago. I sent it in 3 years ago. Maybe the rubber bottom wasn't the best idea.

Dec 10, 2005

If you spend $35 and the bag wears away after a year or two, then it isn't that big a deal to go out and spend another $35 on a new bag. If $27 difference between shipping for warranty (which doesn't guarantee that you'll get the bag fixed) and buying a new one is going to make or break you, then you have other things to be worrying about beyond your bag.

Edit... hooray, 2000th post.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

If you spend $35 and the bag wears away after a year or two, then it isn't that big a deal to go out and spend another $35 on a new bag. If $27 difference between shipping for warranty (which doesn't guarantee that you'll get the bag fixed) and buying a new one is going to make or break you, then you have other things to be worrying about beyond your bag.

Edit... hooray, 2000th post.

It's an easy way to attempt to save $27. That could be used to help pay bills, go out to eat, whatever.

Money is money, and it's minimal effort to save almost $30.

promposive

Jun 15, 2004
Wow, I like how my thread turned into a Jansport warranty thread overnight...

Looks like it will cost 11$ to ship in a 22x14x9 box. (Cisco box from work :) )

Strangely enough, the majority of the backpacks is Jansport that I am selling ;)