Yet another E6600 thread...

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I haven't overclocked in ages so I've spent the greater part of tonight catching up on the overclocking world. Boy, how it's changed since the Celeron 300a days... :p

So anyway. My system is an E6600+Badaxe2 with a Tuniq Tower, cooled in an Antec P182 (which I love). It's mostly going to be used as a video processing desktop computer, with occasional forays into gaming and other things.

I'm overclocking mostly for the fun of it, but I'd like to get the most bang for my buck.

So far, I have:

O/C'd FSB to 333 @ 1.35v (wouldn't push beyond 310 standard, though it could have been MCH/FSB voltages rather than the core voltage).

Set memory timings (Corsair PC2-6400 CAS4 memory) for 4-4-4-12 @ a 4:5 ratio.

Right now, with the side of the case off, the CPU is running at 45C, Core0/1 at around 36C. It's been running Orthos for about 15 in the latest iteration, it seems to idle around 20C for the Cores, FWIW. This is according to Speedfan (CoreTemp has similar results).

I live in Seattle so it rarely gets hot up here, but the computer is on the 3rd floor of our house, which isn't the best ventilated room. The room does not have air conditioning. So I'm trying to achieve the best o/c without pushing heat concerns at all, as I don't want to have to fiddle with this too much once I get it up and running. I've looked around for guides and everything else but there's so much info out there, and I feel so clueless on so many issues -- what voltage ranges I should be looking at for the core, for the MCH, for the memory, etc., or what FSB range I should be trying to target.

Just kinda hoping somone can gently push me into the right direction for the next step from here. I'm so happy to finally have the system up and running, but I'd really like to get it tweaked and adjusted for use. :p

Rob