Yet another COD4 issue...game crashes in multiplayer!

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
Happens randomly anywhere between 15minutes to 2 hours into the game only when i play multiplayer...

everything lags and freezes, sound is looped, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work until 30 seconds later, whole system is hanging but the game is still running....i have no other option but to do a hard reboot....

is it because my internet disconnects and reconnects because i have been having some intermittent internet problems....all other games work fine for 5-6 hours i.e. crysis....so i dont think its my PC hardware....

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
happens to me only when i alt tab tho. i just ctrl alt delete and close it and reopen. it usually happens when i havent rebooted in a while.

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
i cant even alt tab, everything is delayed 20-30 seconds to the point where i just give up and do a hard reset......

ANOTHER PROBLEM I HAVE is i can no longer change any settings, if i do, it reboots the game, then 10s later it says: directx has an unrecoverable error...i searched on google and everyone says its related to XFIRE but I DO NOT USE OR HAVE XFIRE!

this game is so dumb, i paid $50 on steam to dl it yesterday and now it runs like shit.......it was problem free when i downloaded the game illegally and finished single player.......