Yay! Unreal 2k4 to be released on DVD!

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
This frees up disc 2 of the DVD set for a variety of special features not included with the CD set, including a number of behind-the-scenes interviews at Epic showing the making of UT 2004. Perhaps the most interesting use of the second DVD, however, is the use of VTM's -- "Video Training Modules" created by the staff at 3DBuzz.com. These countless hours of .avi tutorials ("a few hundred hours," as CliffyB puts it) will teach aspiring Unreal mod authors the ins and outs of creating levels, creating and importing characters, bot navigation, and anything else they'll need to build their own games within UT 2004. A special version of Maya Personal Learning Edition is also being bundled with UT 2004, that will allow modelers to create fully functioning models for the game.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Oh, AND there's more:

If the extra DVD features don't seem worthy of the extra bucks, Atari is also bundling a Logitech headset with this special edition of UT 2004. The game has a number of features that make use of the headset, from voice-over-IP communication with other players, to voice recognition software that allows players to shout orders at computer-controlled bots in the single-player action.

Viper GTS

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
wait, so the CD version is $20 bucks retail?...

i preordered it for $40 and it's the dvd special edition that comes w/ the logitech headset....

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: dabuddha

Did you even bother to find out what the difference is?

Yup. Some extra bonus materials that are supposed to make me want to spend more money.

That and a USB headset so I can yell at people online.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Um UT2K4 is $40 for the DVD Edition Pre-Order right now at EBgames.com. Also, the CD-ROM is $40 also. I've already got in on mine.

Link

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Do I recall some kind of deal on UT2004 for those who purchased UT2003, or am I on crack? :confused:

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Nice, Far Cry is supposedly ONLY going to be DVD also, bout time these game companies figured it out.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Must find Hot Deal.
$10 rebate if you bought UT2003
Owners of Unreal Tournament 2003 will be entitled to a $10 rebate on the purchase of Unreal Tournament 2004. The rebate will apply to both the standard game and the DVD Special Edition. Owners of Unreal Tournament 2003 will be required to submit a proof of purchase for Unreal Tournament 2003 along with a voucher and receipt from Unreal Tournament 2004 in order to receive the rebate.

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
anybody know how many copies of this will be able to play online at a time? Me and my brother both want this game and i was hoping we could buy one copy and share that.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Must find Hot Deal.
$10 rebate if you bought UT2003
Owners of Unreal Tournament 2003 will be entitled to a $10 rebate on the purchase of Unreal Tournament 2004. The rebate will apply to both the standard game and the DVD Special Edition. Owners of Unreal Tournament 2003 will be required to submit a proof of purchase for Unreal Tournament 2003 along with a voucher and receipt from Unreal Tournament 2004 in order to receive the rebate.

Good to know, now just need to lower it another $5 with free shipping.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: Citrix
is there a demo out for unreal2k4? I sure would like to see it before i buy it.

You! Back under your rock!

Link with lots of links

As with the UT2K3 demo the textures are much lower res than the shipping product will be.

Viper GTS

Sorry, been going to night school for the past year an 3 months. Havent had time to read a novel or play any games.