Yay! Jessica Lynch has been rescued!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
General Brooks at the CentCom briefing this morning said she was rescued by a team consisting of Army Rangers, Marines and SEALS. They were flown in by Air Force helicopter, landed inside the hospital compound, fought there way in, rescued her, took a prsioner who showed them where 9 people were buried inside the compound, 2 more were in the hospital morgue. They then fought there way out taking all 11 bodies and PFC Lynch with them. No coalition casualties during the op.

Well done guys.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Yeah, very well done. They also had a combatant camera too, so i'm hoping we'll see more of what happened in time.

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
I'm a junior in AFROTC. I salute the US Marine Corps for seriously kicking Iraqi ass...

Next on the checklist is Saddam

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
There?s a woman in the Saddam Hospital who?s an American soldier. Please make sure the people in charge know that she?s being tortured.?
In another part of the hospital, Marines found a large battery next to a bed, leading them to suspect that it was used as a torture device, Sanders reported.

:|

That, and reports that both of her legs were broken and one arm was broken.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer
General Brooks at the CentCom briefing this morning said she was rescued by a team consisting of Army Rangers, Marines and SEALS. They were flown in by Air Force helicopter, landed inside the hospital compound, fought there way in, rescued her, took a prsioner who showed them where 9 people were buried inside the compound, 2 more were in the hospital morgue. They then fought there way out taking all 11 bodies and PFC Lynch with them. No coalition casualties during the op.

Well done guys.
All I can say about this is, wow, that's fscking incredible. Great job. If there was any torture or executions going on with our POWs I hope the scum responsible end up with their heads on a pike.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Iwentsouth
NBC?s Kerry Sanders, reporting from near An Nasiriyah, said U.S. officials were made aware that at least one female prisoner was being held at Saddam Hospital when a note was passed to a Marine on Tuesday morning. In handwriting that looked as though it was written by a female, the note said, in English: ?She?s still alive. She?s in room [XXX].?

A resident of An Nasiriyah who spoke English approached Sanders on Tuesday and told him: ?There?s a woman in the Saddam Hospital who?s an American soldier. Please make sure the people in charge know that she?s being tortured.?

http://msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0cm=c40&cp1=1

Have to thank the Iraqi who saved this woman too.

My prayers are with her for a quick recovery.

Ugh, that makes me sick. First reports indicted she wasn't harmed but now it seems she was tortured. I was wondering how did she got broken arms and legs? Gunshot wounds seemed possible but broken arms and legs? Now I wonder how our other soldiers were/are being treated.

Thank God for the good Iraqis who notified us about her and help us rescue her. I really hope we wipe out those Fadaveen thugs that did this.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer

Well done guys.

:D

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: StormRider
Originally posted by: Iwentsouth
NBC?s Kerry Sanders, reporting from near An Nasiriyah, said U.S. officials were made aware that at least one female prisoner was being held at Saddam Hospital when a note was passed to a Marine on Tuesday morning. In handwriting that looked as though it was written by a female, the note said, in English: ?She?s still alive. She?s in room [XXX].?

A resident of An Nasiriyah who spoke English approached Sanders on Tuesday and told him: ?There?s a woman in the Saddam Hospital who?s an American soldier. Please make sure the people in charge know that she?s being tortured.?

http://msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0cm=c40&cp1=1

Have to thank the Iraqi who saved this woman too.

My prayers are with her for a quick recovery.

Ugh, that makes me sick. First reports indicted she wasn't harmed but now it seems she was tortured. I was wondering how did she got broken arms and legs? Gunshot wounds seemed possible but broken arms and legs? Now I wonder how our other soldiers were/are being treated.

Thank God for the good Iraqis who notified us about her and help us rescue her. I really hope we wipe out those Fadaveen thugs that did this.

Unfortunately there is no doubt they are being systematically tortured and executed.
The people of Iraq have endured this for decades though, and the brave coalition forces that give this ulitmate sacrifice do so undertsanding their eforts will ensure 27,000,000 other people and future genrations will not be subject to such horror. Their courage, conviction, and selfless acts will always be remembered by their people and hopefully by those they paid this price for....

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Ya, she was probably slowly tortured and the Iraqi's probably wanted her to die a slow and painful death. That's why they broke her bones (so she couldn't move). That's sick and uncalled for. Nobody should have to go through that.

BTW, how do these POW get caught in the first place? I thought the army had enough people in each region going into an attack to ensure they don't get overpowered.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: jagr10
Ya, she was probably slowly tortured and the Iraqi's probably wanted her to die a slow and painful death. That's why they broke her bones (so she couldn't move). That's sick and uncalled for. Nobody should have to go through that.

BTW, how do these POW get caught in the first place? I thought the army had enough people in each region going into an attack to ensure they don't get overpowered.
There have been many articles on that capture. She was part of the 507th maintenance company...they took a 'wrong turn' and were separated from the column.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: jagr10

There have been many articles on that capture. She was part of the 507th maintenance company...they took a 'wrong turn' and were separated from the column.

Ahhh. i see. Maybe there was a sand storm or it was night time and it was hard for them to follow. (i saw on cnn that they don't drive with lights on at night for obvious reasons).

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: EXman
I just heard she walked into the hospital and had several wounds including a GSW.

this lil girl looks like she is 15yo I very much doubt they could keep their dirty paws off of her :|

Yeah, I'll bet she was raped too. Probably why she's still alive and why her legs were broken (broken from the fighting them off). I don't know if she'll ever recover if she was indeed raped. Will never lead a normal life. Sad.

HappyNic

Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
Originally posted by: EXman
I just heard she walked into the hospital and had several wounds including a GSW.

this lil girl looks like she is 15yo I very much doubt they could keep their dirty paws off of her :|

Yeah, I'll bet she was raped too. Probably why she's still alive and why her legs were broken (broken from the fighting them off). I don't know if she'll ever recover if she was indeed raped. Will never lead a normal life. Sad.

Yeah , probably got raped, even though it's sad and stuff, it's still better than being dead.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
everybody go read bravo two zero if you want to see how they treat their prisoners....