Yay! Jessica Lynch has been rescued!

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Definitely good news, I had assumed they had all been executed. Before they mentioned it was a female I thought they had finally gotten the pilot from the Gulf War, he was seen a few months ago in Baghdad and they have had special forces looking for him pretty much from the start. Hopefully more will follow, it's at least nice to know we make the effort.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
CNN is reporting that she is recovering from "several gunshot wounds". OMG war suxors.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
wonder how she got shot, maybe during the rescue attempt, one would have to assume she was either confined in a small area with little room to hide or possibly even secured to one position.

I hope they don't stop trying until every known POW and MIA are accounted for, and I hope they punish those that committed and ordered the executions.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Chadder007
This just in from Fox....9 bodies found in same room that she was in. :*(

Just heard the same thing. My thoughts is that they weren't dead when they got there.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
She was more than likely wounded when the 507 was ambused. Why? Because the US found a bloody female Army uniform in the hospital they capture last week. Im pretty certain it was hers, unless they executed the other female. The 9 bodies were likely of those 9 marines that were killed and never recovered.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Tabb
I hope they get the fsvkers who beat/raped her...

Got no proof of that, wait till they release info before getting all judgemental.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: FuZioN
Originally posted by: Tabb
I hope they get the fsvkers who beat/raped her...

umm... who said she was beat/raped?

Seeing as that a female POW from the last Gulf War was raped over 50 times, I think the chances are good that she was too.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
I just heard she walked into the hospital and had several wounds including a GSW.

this lil girl looks like she is 15yo I very much doubt they could keep their dirty paws off of her :|

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: EXman
I just heard she walked into the hospital and had several wounds including a GSW.

this lil girl looks like she is 15yo I very much doubt they could keep their dirty paws off of her :|

Not nice but it's part of the deal she signed up for and unlike the other 9,she's alive to tell the tale! Btw, that's no "lil'l girl" that's a grown woman who helped pay for freedom.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
At least she's alive! A woman can recover from being raped. She can't recover from being dead.

I just read the story on CNN. The Marines staged a diversionary assualt so Spec Ops could chopper in and rescue her. Great job!

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
SWEEET.

interestingly enough, she is from Palestine NJ. anyone see that as ironic?

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002

Slight correction, she is from a small farm town, Palestine, West Virgina.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

Not nice but it's part of the deal she signed up for and unlike the other 9,she's alive to tell the tale! Btw, that's no "lil'l girl" that's a grown woman who helped pay for freedom.

Agreed. And I thank her for her sacrifice.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Maybe they did beat the crap out of her. They just said on the news that she has multiple broken bones, like 2 broken legs and a broken arm......:|

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

She didn't sign up to be beat, raped, or tortured, if that is what happened. I certainly hope she (or any other POW) wasn't tortured during her time in captivity.

Ryan

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: LH

Slight correction, she is from a small farm town, Palestine, West Virgina.

Maybe that's why she was spared... the iraqis were too stupid to realize she wasn't from the west bank when they saw Palestine on her drivers license.

It's great that she's alive, but I'm sure she'll have a long road of recovery ahead. :(

Iwentsouth

Oct 19, 2001
NBC?s Kerry Sanders, reporting from near An Nasiriyah, said U.S. officials were made aware that at least one female prisoner was being held at Saddam Hospital when a note was passed to a Marine on Tuesday morning. In handwriting that looked as though it was written by a female, the note said, in English: ?She?s still alive. She?s in room [XXX].?

A resident of An Nasiriyah who spoke English approached Sanders on Tuesday and told him: ?There?s a woman in the Saddam Hospital who?s an American soldier. Please make sure the people in charge know that she?s being tortured.?

http://msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0cm=c40&cp1=1

Have to thank the Iraqi who saved this woman too.

My prayers are with her for a quick recovery.