YAWT: Gift ideas for groommen

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I'm not sure what to get them, I don't want to go the traditional route and get them a letherman or gin bottle with their names engraved.

We're all basketball buffs but I think it'll be hard to get everyone together again for a game next yr.

I was thinking maybe an afternoon of golf? If so, should I invite other friends or just do with the groomsmen.

TIA!

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
For my wedding last week I bought each of them a flask and filled it with a very expensive whiskey.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
If you do end up going for a golf outing, just bring the groomsmen. It will have a more exclusive feel that way. Not sure how close you are with your groomsmen, or how tightly-knit they are. It's nice to get the group together and make sure everyone gets a chance to bond and really strengthen the cohesiveness - it just adds to how great your actual wedding day will be.

I golfed with my groomsmen on my wedding day, in the morning. Boy was I nervous - I think I hit maybe one decent shot.

Another idea would be to go to a sporting event, ie. MLB game, or PGA tournament for a day - if there's one going on nearby.