Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I have a level 12 Shaman named Quacksworth. Seems like a fun class but the game is always more fun when you've got folks to play with :D

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: CalvinHobbes
Everyone should just roll a new character on the same server and form the AT guild.

We tried that right after closed beta (which a number of us were in), but it never worked out because we all had other friends with which we wanted to play. I'd be more than happy to roll an alt in an AT guild on some server tho.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Hey Anubis, you should add a poll to that thread asking where everyone plays, then list every server :D

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I think there were about 6 that mentioned playing on one of the sides on skullcrusher. Other than that the server played on mentioned was pretty much all over the place.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Beev
Hey Anubis, you should add a poll to that thread asking where everyone plays, then list every server :D

there are WAY to many fing servers to do that + im way to lazy

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis

You could get fancy and just compile a list of everyone's character name here and then write a script which queries the armory. :laugh:

...I don't actually expect that but it would be neat.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
We actually had a very expansive "where you play" thread at one point but it ended up in the deep abyss of the archive. Had everyone listed out by server and everything.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Aikouka
We actually had a very expansive "where you play" thread at one point but it ended up in the deep abyss of the archive. Had everyone listed out by server and everything.

yea the reason i started that new thread was because i couldent find the old one

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
yea the reason i started that new thread was because i couldent find the old one

Should've been stickied with all the players that played, IMO. Bad mods! :p

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434

You could get fancy and just compile a list of everyone's character name here and then write a script which queries the armory. :laugh:

Yuck. Using the aromry on my current pc feels like I'm back on my 8086 and 2.4, god only knows how crappy it would be trying to use multiple links.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: lupi
Originally posted by: Xavier434

Yuck. Using the aromry on my current pc feels like I'm back on my 8086 and 2.4, god only knows how crappy it would be trying to use multiple links.

It wouldn't involve links. The query would basically result in producing a spreadsheet of some kind listing everyone's Anandtech username, WoW Character name, and what server they are on. A separate query could be formulated which lists every server along with how many people from Anandtech have characters which belong to that server.

To be honest, it really isn't that terrible to produce if you are good with scripts but convincing someone to use their free time to do it is whole different ball game hehe.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What would be nice is a thread that only has information like:

Name:
Server:
Character(s) Info:

The other thread contains some of that but it's also a general discussion on WoW.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: MustISO

Excellent detective work!

Unfortunately, I cannot unarchive it (only prevent nonarchived threads from being archived).

The list is rather old and odds are, many are no longer playing on those servers.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
if i get bored enough ill dig through my thread and pull out what i can

there was a different wow thread that i was actually thinking of that was not that one that was linked

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Aikouka

Should've been stickied with all the players that played, IMO. Bad mods! :p

Did you ask for a sticky?
:)