YAUT2K4T: How many of you are kicking yourselves for opening your UT2k4 SE boxes up now? (update 3/30 EB taking orders)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Originally posted by: VTEC01EX
I'm bored with my SE copy, I should sell it. Get in on some of this eBay mayhem. I don't know what the big deal is, the headset sucks, the metal box isn't worth anything. Ohh no, not swapping CDs! Torture!

haha some people are ignorant. those are the people that buy expensive editions so we can keep buying the cheaper ones that do the same thing ;) instead of flaming them, you should promote it! :)

I think it's funny that people still are mocking others for paying more for the SE, while in fact it COSTS THE SAME!

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: simms
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Originally posted by: simms
where's the leviathian??

Onslaught maps. Only in a few of them though. RedPlanet is the most popular for it.

Awesome. Isn't that the biggest vehicle?

Indeed it is. While mobile (undeployed) it has one main turret that fires seeking thingees (I think they're supposed to be missiles of some sort) to do decent damage, plus mannable 4 plasma turrets. Once deployed, the main missile thing gets dropped and it turns into a bigass ion cannon capable of making things go very boom. But then it's a sitting duck. Oh, and it starts with something like 10000 armor.

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
It's already a collector's item. I still have my original UT box :p

This SE metal box is a little disappointing though....it's not really a box, just a metal sleeve if you will. Still, it makes the box look spiffy.

Had I know those fleebay n00bs would've paid so much for it, I would've pre-ordered 100 :p

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: SunnyD

Oh, and I got the CD edition, and value it far more installed on my machine watching FFMCobalt eat an assload of Leviathan. :)

That made me lol

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: CraigRT
who cares, i didn't even know they had an SE version
i just bought the regular version, and it works fine!
evidently a lot of people care as they're willing to pay 60-80 dollars for it...

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: screw3d
Now can someone tell me how to jump real high so I can reach the goodies? :confused:

Spacebar twice repeatedly.

Or find a jump pad.

Or (depending on the game type) use the translocator device.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I cant wait for Atari to release the rest of their SE copies (they've probably got a warehouse full!). They've created an artificial demand for them, now people that bought the 6 cd version will want the dvd version!

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I cant wait for Atari to release the rest of their SE copies (they've probably got a warehouse full!). They've created an artificial demand for them, now people that bought the 6 cd version will want the dvd version!

Bump with a new release of SE's. :)