YAuselesspolT: At what level of animal will u avoid hitting it?

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I don't swerve. That's dangerous. I brake though. Then if I hit them, oh well. At least I didn't swerve into a ditch. Why are ditches on the side of roads anyway?

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Why is deer and mouse in front of cat and dog? Oh wait... they do more damage to the car... DUH...

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Depends what I'm driving. My old beater truck? BRING IT! My nice SUV? Bunny sized is about it.

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
I don't swerve. That's dangerous. I brake though. Then if I hit them, oh well. At least I didn't swerve into a ditch. Why are ditches on the side of roads anyway?

Yup, swerving isn't worth the risk of losing control.

Jun 18, 2000
I will swerve around anything large enough to cause physical damage. I will not swerve until I have slowed down sufficiently to manuevre safely. If I'm going too fast and cannot slow down, I will hit/run over it.

Nov 5, 2001
I must admit made no attempt to avoid running over a possum. Disgusting animals.

I brakes for squirrels though...

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I'll swerve or slow down for any animal above the level of insect, as long as I can do so safely.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDingleDangle
At what level would u slam on the brakes and swerve to miss the animal

If you have to swerve, I picked moose, simply because hitting them head on tends to sweep out their legs and send them through your windshield. I'll brake for everything else, but a squirrel isnt worth wiping out for after a hard swerve gets out of control.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
My old neighborhood had lotsa frogs--I always tried to avoid them. You have to add frogs to your poll. Also--you forgot to add birds to your list.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
My old neighborhood had lotsa frogs--I always tried to avoid them. You have to add frogs to your poll. Also--you forgot to add birds to your list.

Frogs are about the same level as snakes. Sizewise. Plus, any bird that's stupid enough to get hit by a car... well, it's their fault.

I would stop for cats and dogs because they're cute, and deer/meese because they cause lotsa damage.

On the other hand, if I could avoid skooshing any of those (save for the spider, since I wouldn't be able to see it to begin with) easily, then I would. I wouldn't hunt them down or anything.

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Amorphus

Frogs are about the same level as snakes. Sizewise. Plus, any bird that's stupid enough to get hit by a car... well, it's their fault.

I would stop for cats and dogs because they're cute, and deer/meese because they cause lotsa damage.

On the other hand, if I could avoid skooshing any of those (save for the spider, since I wouldn't be able to see it to begin with) easily, then I would. I wouldn't hunt them down or anything.

i was driving in new mexico in the back roads through the desert and u could see tarantulas crossing the road...

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
My rule is that if its dumb enough to walk in front of me, its dumb enough to get hit.

There are no exeptions either...cats, dogs, llamas, hissing cockroaches....they should have been taught to look both ways.

Jmmsbnd007

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: MrDingleDangle
Originally posted by: Amorphus

i was driving in new mexico in the back roads through the desert and u could see tarantulas crossing the road...
Why did the tarantula cross the road?

BECAUSE IT WANTED TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you folks, here all night. :D

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
i attempt to avoid all animals safetly. if safety is not an option, neither is the animal's life.

Bill

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
famalies sue and anything bigger than a deer will probably kill you, although theres a pic around here of a deer doing its best spear impression.

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by: GoodDad
My rule is that if its dumb enough to walk in front of me, its dumb enough to get hit.

There are no exeptions either...cats, dogs, llamas, hissing cockroaches....they should have been taught to look both ways.

even a little blind kid?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
In the big van or truck or Mercury? I'll brake for deer and larger. If it's too big to be knocked under the vehicle by the chrome bumper, I don't want to be involved in a collision with it.

In the turbovan? Dogs are too big. I don't trust that bumper to knock an animal that large under the vehicle.