YARDT (Yet Another Ron DeSantis Threat) - DeSantis to Take Control of Disney’s Orlando District Under New Bill

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I read about Disney's agreement with the board earlier this morning and laughed - especially with the "until 21 years after the death of King Charles' last heir" part. I don't know if the whole thing will stand up but Good Show Disney people! Way to outsneak DeSneakis (at least for awhile.)

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Well I guess why Disney didn’t fight this has come into focus.

Lol.

While that is good maneuvering they should still fight this head on as well. They actually have the power and resources to do so. Desantis will continue to try to mess with them. And the board will still have control over items that could hurt Disney's business.

Reactions: Pohemi

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Glad to see Disney give two fingers to DeSantis. Meanwhile Florida taxpayers are footing the bill for DeSantis' stupid anti woke, black, educated, trans, immigrant, et.al. to the tune of $795 per hour per lawyer. Well over two million spent already attempting to defend his BS. Those white (gay) waders he wore for a photo op are more than just a few feet short of the waders you would need to wade through all this shit. I'm hoping Florida voters will wake up and smell the manure and vote him out of office, and certainly hope he gets shut down in any attempt at becoming President.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You will be shocked to learn that Trump did not, in fact, write The Art of the Deal.

Yes, and shocked to learn what Art of the Deal's actual author now thinks about Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Glad to see Disney give two fingers to DeSantis. Meanwhile Florida taxpayers are footing the bill for DeSantis' stupid anti woke, black, educated, trans, immigrant, et.al. to the tune of $795 per hour per lawyer. Well over two million spent already attempting to defend his BS. Those white (gay) waders he wore for a photo op are more than just a few feet short of the waders you would need to wade through all this shit. I'm hoping Florida voters will wake up and smell the manure and vote him out of office, and certainly hope he gets shut down in any attempt at becoming President.

I don't think DeSantis is going to be president. Has a shot at the R primary I sincerely doubt he could win the general election. He's weird, awkward, rude, abrasive, condescending, and possess the charisma of three day old oatmeal.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don't think DeSantis is going to be president. Has a shot at the R primary I sincerely doubt he could win the general election. He's weird, awkward, rude, abrasive, condescending, and possess the charisma of three day old oatmeal.

I don't think he has a shot at the primary either, which is too bad since a DeSantis win would probably result in Trump running as independent and handing the election to Biden. We should root for DeSantis in their primary.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I read about Disney's agreement with the board earlier this morning and laughed - especially with the "until 21 years after the death of King Charles' last heir" part. I don't know if the whole thing will stand up but Good Show Disney people! Way to outsneak DeSneakis (at least for awhile.)
It will. if you read lengthy corporate contracts involving property you'll find stupid stuff like that. the laws in the us don't allow perpetual contracts that last beyond the realsm of normality. it can't stay like that for hundreds of years.

if you want to read something more bizarre check out the property laws of back home, the uk. Most people lose their minds when they read about lease holds and free holds. the perfect shit for gun toting americans to go around threatening people. this is why I'm on the fence about retiring in 6-10 years back there. all the property and land in the good parts of the country have been bought up or cost more than I can afford. I could retire in the us but I'd rather see the end days of my life rather than being an old codger at a walmart and getting shot by a punk.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
It’s not actually trolling - there’s something called the rule against perpetuities that says agreements like this have to have an expiration date. So what they did here was find some exceptionally young, rich, protected people with access to the best health care money can buy to tie the expiration date to, presumably ensuring the deal outlives basically everyone alive today.

I would have gone with "Until the heat death of the universe."

Ol' Puddin' Boots has got to be pissed that Donald of Orange was able to spike the football of his Disney failure in the political end zone...lol

• Haha

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I would have gone with "Until the heat death of the universe."

Ol' Puddin' Boots has got to be pissed that Donald of Orange was able to spike the football of his Disney failure in the political end zone...lol
Or no visible stars left in the sky.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Florida AG now getting involved for Ronald Dion.

Attorney General Ashley Moody’s chief of staff, James Percival, sent the district’s public records office a letter demanding emails, text messages and other communications “discussing an intentional goal of circumventing, avoiding, frustration, mitigating or otherwise attempting to avoid the effects of anticipated actions by the Florida Governor and Florida Legislature.”

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Florida AG now getting involved for Ronald Dion.

Is any of that illegal? Nope. Fuck off.

Although this is why Disney should've sued.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Bad news for Disney. Current judge removed himself from the case because one of his relatives within a third degree owns 30 shares of Disney.
The expected new judge was trump appointed. See his conservative judging history below.

Judge Allen Winsor
> Worked to Restrict Voting Rights
> Attacked LGBT Equality
> Undermined Women’s Access to Health Care
> Defended Flawed Death Penalty Procedures
> Challenged Environmental Protections
> Opposed Gun Safety
> Ideological and Partisan Affiliations: Mr. Winsor has been a member of the Federalist Society since 2005. This out-of-the-mainstream legal organization represents a sliver of America’s legal profession – just four percent – yet over 80 percent of President Trump’s circuit court nominees, and a significant number of his district court nominees, have been Federalist Society members. Mr. Winsor was also a member of the right-wing Republican National Lawyers Association (“RNLA”) from 2008 to 2010. During this time period, the RNLA opposed the Sotomayor and Kagan nominations to the Supreme Court, supported voter suppression efforts such as voter ID laws, and waged an ideological attack on the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division.[20]

Walker said those arguments don’t warrant his removal from the case and amount to “nothing more than rank judge-shopping.” But he acknowledged that he should step aside because one of his relatives within a third degree owns 30 shares of Disney.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Bad news for Disney. Current judge removed himself from the case because one of his relatives within a third degree owns 30 shares of Disney.
The expected new judge was trump appointed. See his conservative judging history below.

Judge Allen Winsor

WTF. I'm sick of democrats playing by a unilateral rule book.

Everyone with an index fund owns Disney shares. I think they are one of the most commonly held individual shares in the market.