Yao out for rest of season

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Leejai

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2001
It really sux whenever a marquee player gets hurt. Though I will say, being a Warrior fan, you guys in Houston want Webber? You can have him. I think this injury helped us more than acquiring Webber did (though w/out Beidrins for a couple of weeks will tell us wether or not he can make a difference.)

Didn't mean to go on a tangent, but wanted to offer some help in webber ;)

neegotiator

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Leejai
It really sux whenever a marquee player gets hurt. Though I will say, being a Warrior fan, you guys in Houston want Webber? You can have him. I think this injury helped us more than acquiring Webber did (though w/out Beidrins for a couple of weeks will tell us wether or not he can make a difference.)

Didn't mean to go on a tangent, but wanted to offer some help in webber ;)

Haha hell why not. We already got bobby jackson back, might as well get as many of that old Kings team we can get. I'm sure Adelman wouldn't mind.

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
T-Mac and Yao take up a lot of cap space. With both of them in and out of injury, Rockets can't play consistently and will not go deep in the playoffs. If the Rockets management were smart, it would trade one of them.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Oh wow, that's unfortunate.

KT

Now that made me LOL because I once worked with a guy who would simply say "That's unfortunate" no matter what bad news was being delivered.

Overdrawn at the bank?
"That's unfortunate."

Going to miss an important delivery?
"That's unfortunate."

Building burned to the ground last night?
"That's unfortunate."

Earth to be destroyed in 5 minutes by the Death Star?
"That's unfortunate."

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
well at least they blew out the wiz. not that the wiz are a good team.

they had a 51-23 lead at the half. lowest point total the rockets have ever held an opponent to in a half. ever.

Jul 10, 2007
Text

damn, his english is pretty impressive. i remember when he first came into the league, he couldn't go anywhere without his interpreter.

he puts some of the native english speakers in the NBA to shame ;);)

Ne0

Golden Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: tfinch2
That guy is a walking injury.

I wouldn't say that. His first 3 seasons he played almost every game. 2 seasons ago, someone landed on his foot (freak accident broken). Last season, someone runs into his knee (freak accident broken leg). This season wasn't a freak accident, so that's a concern... but he's more unlucky then anything. You also have to remember unlike other players who have some rest after the NBA season is done, Yao plays nonstop all year (playing for China in the offseason).

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Ne0
Originally posted by: tfinch2
That guy is a walking injury.

I wouldn't say that. His first 3 seasons he played almost every game. 2 seasons ago, someone landed on his foot (freak accident broken). Last season, someone runs into his knee (freak accident broken leg). This season wasn't a freak accident, so that's a concern... but he's more unlucky then anything. You also have to remember unlike other players who have some rest after the NBA season is done, Yao plays nonstop all year (playing for China in the offseason).

I say that if China medals in the 08 Olympics, he should stop playing international ball, for the Rockets sake.