Y'all heard about this?...Al-Qaida: "Be ready for attack killing 100,000"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Any nuke subs in the Med, Red, or Indian? Just wondering how fast the Middle East would be a glass parking lot....it would be terrible if we had to wait for ICBM's lauched from the mainland to get there instead of the sub launched variety. Of course the land based ICBM's would give the news crews more time to setup the cameras for a really kick ass final shot.

In short....fvck the terrorists.....

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Living here in a Boston Suburb that has a large Islamic population and being close to the Airport I do take this threat seriously

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
ShinerBurke, think for a moment. Let's say a radiological bomb goes off. How are we going to know what area to "turn into a glass parking lot?" Or shall we just do the whole Middle East? I'd like to say, "Stick with masturbation. It's a whole lot more fun and a lot less harmful than thinking." But, it would be wrong to say that.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Whitling
ShinerBurke, think for a moment. Let's say a radiological bomb goes off. How are we going to know what area to "turn into a glass parking lot?" Or shall we just do the whole Middle East? I'd like to say, "Stick with masturbation. It's a whole lot more fun and a lot less harmful than thinking." But, it would be wrong to say that.

I think a good place to start would be SA then isreal and surronding area. After that I'm sure bush can find evidence about who caused the attack.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Well Whitling, think for a moment, what, in YOUR opinion, would an appropriate response be to a nuclear/radiological terror attack? Let's assume it happens in San Fran, but you are out of town on business for the sake of this theorem...

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Well, Al, I'd want the government to find out what happened before glassing in the Middle East. Please, let me ask you one question, and please answer this question in this thread. How well has beating up on the Palestinians worked for the Israelis?

Please answer the question before ranting.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Well, Al, I'd want the government to find out what happened before glassing in the Middle East. Please, let me ask you one question, and please answer this question in this thread. How well has beating up on the Palestinians worked for the Israelis?

Please answer the question before ranting.
I'll answer yours if you'll answer mine :) And since when have I been a ranter?

Beating up on the P's hasn't worked very well for the I's. But it probably makes them feel better, I know it would me. But I'm a vengeful person, I admit it.

My question to you: How well has "beating up" on the Israeli's worked for the Palestinians?

Back to the original premise...you'd be perfectly happy with no response until we "Knew" what happened? 2 months later, we have no idea "who did it". Next up goes New York. Now what response do you want?

PS I'm not saying we should glass the middle east on this theorem...yet.

Wolfdog

Aug 25, 2001
Yeah it could happen, but then the kind of backlash from such an act would lead to some kind major problems for whomever filled the spot that they could possibly be. The sad part of this all is that there has been such a lull in security over the past years that it could easily happen again. Kind of like the total DA's around here, they are building low income housing 50 feet off a runway from the airport. They claim that double pane windows and extra insulation will provide a quiet living environment. :)