YAGT: What do I do? (at the crush stage)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: HotChic
Originally posted by: Kev
Originally posted by: HotChic
Ask her to go get coffee with you and compare notes on where your different groups are going.
that's the lamest thing i've ever heard of
Betcha a buck it works though. This is my crowd of people, more or less, the Christian college type. Most of my friends could launch into an animated discussion on a topic like that, completely interested and involved with lots of different things to say.
I'm going to be the second person to say, "listen to HC". She's usually dead-on in these areas. :)

ZV

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you do SOMETHING...Among the worst feelings in the world is the regret of not making a move...it'll haunt you for years.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: crab
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you do SOMETHING...Among the worst feelings in the world is the regret of not making a move...it'll haunt you for years.

Ditto.

Don't be a whimp. Ask her out to coffee or ice cream or just hang out. Sounds a bit lame but she'll want to hang out if she is interested or thinks you are *alright* in a number of ways. If she says no then you are SOL.

Also go to the gym and work out and grow some balls while you are at it. You need balls in the real world.

Why does everyone insist that asking advice on here is bad? Sure you get a bunch of YAGT but you also have a lot of guys and girls with gf/bf and wives (chained to the kitchen of course :Q)/ husbands (also chained to the kitchen :Q). Sure half of the people here haven't had sex but then the other half has.

Koing

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Considering your deep and abiding faith, any path will only lead to confusion and frustration. Ask the preacher-man, cause we don't effing know.

Blindman

Oct 12, 1999
here is the facts and to sum up everyone else.

First learn how to iron . . . LOL dont mind me I am just reffering to my iron thread LOL.

Just ask her out. By this, approach her when it deems permissiable, such as one of those passings where you use to say hi.
Use case:
1. You both walk up to each other.
2. You smile and say "Hay, we seem to bump into each other a lot."
3. Her replie will something be inline with "Ya."
4. You smile and say "kind of intresting how we work before and we just keep bumping into each other."
5A. She either remembers and comment "Yea your right."
5B. She dont remember "We worked togeather?"
5B1 "Ya we work togeather at the dairy queen remember?
5B2A "Oh yea thats right. I completely forgot" she replies
5B2B1 "Acutally I dont remember." Either she is playing dumb or dont really remmeber but dont worry just probe some more.
5B2B2 "Well maybe that was someone else.
6. "So how is your group comming along?"
7. She replies . . . . dont matter what she says. You already achieved coversation.
8. Your next line is basicly this "Hay maybe we can get some coffee and dicuss this. I think it would be helpful if share ideas. "

LOL thats it . . . pretty simple.

Dont exepct much just get her to step out of her zone and take you as a friend first buddy. A lot of people warn about the friend zone sometime you need to reach a gril first before you can get anywhere. Unless your hot and chicks dig you. This method is better.

I sense someone is going to correct me really soon.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Originally posted by: z0mb13
WIDWIO

What does this mean in English?

When In Doubt, Whip It Out.

Yeah, I've never heard it before either, but I bet you HotChic's buck that that's what it means.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
I like Ufwald's answer. My answer, though, is this....if you're gonna ask her for a coffee, don't do it right away. That's the default way of letting a girl know you're interested in her. There's a 50 % chance that she'll say no. Then you'll have nothing. So enjoy the crush stage for a while longer.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Originally posted by: caramel
I like Ufwald's answer. My answer, though, is this....if you're gonna ask her for a coffee, don't do it right away. That's the default way of letting a girl know you're interested in her. There's a 50 % chance that she'll say no. Then you'll have nothing. So enjoy the crush stage for a while longer.

What should he do then? Just do nothing a while longer and then ask her for a coffee?

btw I hate the crush stage....

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
First recommendation... Learn to spell Evangelism. ;)

Second, as a Bible college graduate who found his wife there, this next step is very crucial:

Talk to the woman!