YAGT: What do I do? (at the crush stage)

skywalker66

Banned
Nov 5, 2001
Alright,

There's this girl who one summer while working at dairy queen with her, I basically fell in love with her. Its kind of odd because I didnt really know her that well, and infact i only worked 3 shifts with her, but part of my obsessive personality and just how PERFECT she was, (not just in appearances but also in behavior, mannerism, beliefs, strong faith, etc) and well I just fell head over heels for her.

Thankfully when the summer ended I thought I was never going to see her again, and I went off to college, so she went off my mind (but came back on during the middle of the year)

Later I found out that she was attending the college I was going to attend next year (I transfered from one school to another) and so for the rest of that college year she was on my mind yet again.. and she wouldnt dissappear.

Then this fall rolls around. I've talked to this girl breifly and say hi to her all the time in passing on campus, she seems to be pretty interested in saying hi back to me (er I at least hope/PRAY that she likes me!)

Later I found out we are in one of the same organizations, Evangualism Team!, (I attend a christian college by the way)
and well, we were splitting up into different groups, and basically we didn't end up in the same group!
so now we are stuck in these groups of 6 for the rest of the year in this club,

:( :( :(

should I see if I can be in both groups? mine and hers? (there are still opennings in their group)

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Ask her to go get coffee with you and compare notes on where your different groups are going.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Don't ask her out yet, too early. Take her out a few times and just hang out and do some fun stuff together to see if she feels the same way you feel about her.

skywalker66

Banned
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: amdskip
Don't ask her out yet, too early. Take her out a few times and just hang out and do some fun stuff together to see if she feels the same way you feel about her.

thats what i meant, like ask her to see if she wants to hang out

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
You're a whimp. Stop wasting our time here. She'll never go out with you cause you'll never ask. Okay okay, enough with the putdowns now. Here's some advice:

Since you're too scared to ask her out. Try asking some not so perfect girl out. Work your lines with her for a while. Gain lots of experience and confidence. Then when you're ready, come back to this one. Hopefully she'll still be available.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: HotChic
Ask her to go get coffee with you and compare notes on where your different groups are going.

that's the lamest thing i've ever heard of

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Kev

what would you suggest don juan? oh wait you have no advice, so shut up.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Oh good feakin gawd!

Why don't you pasty faced whimps grow some balls and just start a conversation with the lady. Once you realize that they are just as nervous as you are then you are fine.

Then one day you will wake up and realize that girls are human just like you boys. They fart, burp, stink up the bathroom just like you do.

So get over it and ask them to dinner, a movie, hell just ask them something.

BTW, why in the heck would anyone ask advice from a bunch of geeks who just sit in front of the computer posting YAGT asking advice on how to approach a girl. That is like screen doors on a submarine.

So what if she is HOT some where there is some one who is sick of her sh!t.

waitman

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2002
Ask her out, you will never know if she will, until you do. If you wait too long she'll be taken and you will always say, I wish I woulda asked her out. All she can say is yes or no, one way or the other, you will have an answer.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
coffee is good. if she doesn't drink coffee go for ice cream.
if you can't even ask her for that, you have no hope on the evangelism team. :p

good luck!

(what college, BTW?)

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Talk to her and tell her how you feel. Basically you wouldn't say that to her unless you were comfotable/sure that she would return the same feelings.

But, at the very least, if she doesn't have the same interests, she should still be friends with you, and you know that she knows how you feel about her.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Kev

Betcha a buck it works though. This is my crowd of people, more or less, the Christian college type. Most of my friends could launch into an animated discussion on a topic like that, completely interested and involved with lots of different things to say.