YAGT(sort of): Girl Gift Ideas

Alphathree33

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2000
My girlfriend and I are celebrating six months next week.

I'm all out of ideas. In our time together, I've bought tons of sentimental things -- cards, music she likes (and sheet music to 'our song' since she plays the piano), chocolates, flowers, teddy bears...

I've bought tons of gadgets/girlie/expensive things -- a PDA, a dress, a bracelet...

I've bought her tons of dinners and lunches...

And now I found out through some undercover methods that she's ordered a digi cam from ThinkGeek for me since mine broke. (Why on earth she didn't order it from a more normal place to get digi cams, I'll never know, but that's another story.)

Anyway, that means that any sentimental ideas are out the window or secondary to whatever I decide to buy for her.

I NEED IDEAS!

She's in EE but she also loves music, perhaps even more than EE. She's very organized (hence the PDA), not too girlie (hates pink), likes UNIX, hates programming, LOVES Harry Potter, loves LOTR, likes anything fuzzy, cute, cuddly, etc. She's asian but she's not into Sanrio nor does she randomly start speaking cantonese.

And yes, I'll stop babbling now.

Alphathree

GiLtY

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2000
How come I don't see sex being mentioned?

Bad boyfriend..

--GiLtY

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
A lawnmower.

A cookbook.

A Super 100 pack of condoms.

Oh yeah, this thread is going to press ALL the bottons.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: tm37
Vacuum Cleaner.

That's what I bought my wife last year ;)

WTF? If I bought my wife a vacuum, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a while... ;)

Alphathree33: How about a pearl necklace? :D

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
If after 6 months you still don't know what to get her, you are officially labeled a crappy boyfriend. Come on, you listed a dozen things she likes. Use that and be creative.

L

Lola

Damn! ONLY 6 months and all that stuff???? Gosh.....
well..... does she like jewelry??? Get her a nice ring, or necklace from Tiffany's.
Or...Make her a story book about you and her. Draw, color and write it for her... you can even get it bound prfessionally at kinkos!

Pokey007

May 1, 2001
"Listen Chris, I read a book saying that woman are from Venus. Aiight, so here's what you get her: Thick layers of sulfuric acid, viscous surface rock and coronae that seem to be collapsed domes of a large magma chambers."
-Peter Griffin on what to get women for their birthday.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ActPrincess
Damn! <b>ONLY 6 months and all that stuff</b>???? Gosh.....
well..... does she like jewelry??? Get her a nice ring, or necklace from Tiffany's.
Or...Make her a story book about you and her. Draw, color and write it for her... you can even get it bound prfessionally at kinkos!

I agree... if you guys stay together, you're setting a REALLY tough line to keep up.

Alphathree33

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2000
I know secretly in the back of my mind that every time I post here, there's about a 50/50 chance that all of you will make fun of me. I take it fairly well, don't you think?

Anyway,

If after 6 months you still don't know what to get her, you are officially labeled a crappy boyfriend. Come on, you listed a dozen things she likes. Use that and be creative.
No I'm not, I really have been creative many times over. There are variations on past gifts that I could get her, but I can't think of anything fresh and new.

She has hardly any, like I said, she's not overly girly in that respect. The few things she has she wears only on special occasions. I would consider it a waste.

Not a bad idea but you don't want to know what it looks like what I draw or color :)

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
can you get concert tickets to one of the bands she likes? follow that up with limo ride and/or hotel stay for a VERY fun night :)