YAGT: met a *hot* girl

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Last weekend my fraternity had our homecoming formal. I didn't really have anyone I wanted to invite, so I had one of my buddies (now-ex) girlfriend hook me up with one of her friends. She's kind of a mess of a human being (ditzy, stupid, annoying, skanky but without the easy sex), so I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much.

Well I meet my date, and first thing I notice is that she is *very* attractive. Over the course of the night I talk to her and sure, she's a little quiet, but she seems nice and fairly intelligent. We didn't hit it off or anything crazy like that, but I think we both enjoyed each others company. Anyways there was all kinds of drama going on around us, and over the course of the night my buddy and his (ex) girlfriends freak out at each other and are done. I've been dealing with those two and other people's drama all night, and I got no sleep at all the night before, so I am getting to the point of being deleriously tired.

We get back to the house, my buddies ex just wants to leave, and she takes the girl in question with her since they are best friends or something like that. Now here is the point where i fvck it up a bit. I know and knew then that I shoudl have at least walked them home just out of being a decent guy, they live on the farside of campus and all, not to mention that with small groups of people is generally where my personality thrives. So instead of doing that, I just go up to bed, without even saying thanks or goodnight of anything like that.

The next morning I wake up feeling kinda like a d-bag, but I can't do anything about that now, and , uh, crap! I never got her number. So as much as I hate it, I had to resort to facebook, so I send here a message about "I had a good time bla bal abla", and it goes back and forth like that a little bit. So the last message she sent ended in something along the lines of "hope to see you again soon. :)" Me and a couple friends were going to The Departed on thursday (tomorrow), so I asked her is she wanted to come with. Haven't gotten a response yet, so we'll see if she just ignores me or not (im a pessimist)

Now I'm not sure how good an idea it is to bring a girl along with these guys. I'm not really concerned about their game, the only one with any is bringing his GF. The among other problems, we throw alot of trash talk around, with alot of it directed at me.

She also has a "boyfriend" who lives back home (350 miles) who she also calls her "best friend" and im not really sure what that means, but I think it might be a euphemism for "cuddle bitch." I saw a couple pictures of him (stalkernet ftw) and he looks like he's 15 and kind of a douche.

Anyways, criticize, advise, and question (and mock/harass if you feel the need :cool: )

EDIT: forgot to add that the next day a few people, whose judgement im not 100% on, said she seemed like she was into me. I'm good at missing stuff like that though.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Just treat her like you would any other person who you didn't really care what happened either way. Maybe tease her a bit and see how she reacts. If she laughs and jokingly punches you, keep it up and see where things go. If she is all nervous and quite, it probably wasn't the best idea to bring her.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
If you're the douche amongst your friends, don't take her when you hang out with those guys. If she accepts, just tell her that you can't make the departed at that time cause you're busy, but you can catch whatever movie an hour or so later so it will just be you and her. Or better yet, if you thrive in small groups, have one of your buddies and his girl go with you and double.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: Unheard
Mike, you're an idiot, you should have gotten her number!

I lost my phone. :eek:
You know there is this crazy, and trust me when I say crazy I mean real crazy exotic, invention called 'the pen". You really got to search for one, but it, and get this because it's the kicker, allows one to record information on the nearest flat surface. It's called writing or something like that, I don't have time to keep up with the latest technical jargon.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Last weekend my fraternity had our homecoming formal. I didn't really have anyone I wanted to invite, so I had one of my buddies (now-ex) girlfriend hook me up with one of her friends. She's kind of a mess of a human being (ditzy, stupid, annoying, skanky but without the easy sex), so I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much.

Well I meet my date, and first thing I notice is that she is *very* attractive. Over the course of the night I talk to her and sure, she's a little quiet, but she seems nice and fairly intelligent. We didn't hit it off or anything crazy like that, but I think we both enjoyed each others company. Anyways there was all kinds of drama going on around us, and over the course of the night my buddy and his (ex) girlfriends freak out at each other and are done. I've been dealing with those two and other people's drama all night, and I got no sleep at all the night before, so I am getting to the point of being deleriously tired.

We get back to the house, my buddies ex just wants to leave, and she takes the girl in question with her since they are best friends or something like that. Now here is the point where i fvck it up a bit. I know and knew then that I shoudl have at least walked them home just out of being a decent guy, they live on the farside of campus and all, not to mention that with small groups of people is generally where my personality thrives. So instead of doing that, I just go up to bed, without even saying thanks or goodnight of anything like that.

The next morning I wake up feeling kinda like a d-bag, but I can't do anything about that now, and , uh, crap! I never got her number. So as much as I hate it, I had to resort to facebook, so I send here a message about "I had a good time bla bal abla", and it goes back and forth like that a little bit. So the last message she sent ended in something along the lines of "hope to see you again soon. :)" Me and a couple friends were going to The Departed on thursday (tomorrow), so I asked her is she wanted to come with. Haven't gotten a response yet, so we'll see if she just ignores me or not (im a pessimist)

Now I'm not sure how good an idea it is to bring a girl along with these guys. I'm not really concerned about their game, the only one with any is bringing his GF. The among other problems, we throw alot of trash talk around, with alot of it directed at me.

She also has a "boyfriend" who lives back home (350 miles) who she also calls her "best friend" and im not really sure what that means, but I think it might be a euphemism for "cuddle bitch." I saw a couple pictures of him (stalkernet ftw) and he looks like he's 15 and kind of a douche.

Anyways, criticize, advise, and question (and mock/harass if you feel the need :cool: )

EDIT: forgot to add that the next day a few people, whose judgement im not 100% on, said she seemed like she was into me. I'm good at missing stuff like that though.

didnt even read it

where r the pics?

/worthless thread

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: tweakmm

You know there is this crazy, and trust me when I say crazy I mean real crazy exotic, invention called 'the pen". You really got to search for one, but it, and get this because it's the kicker, allows one to record information on the nearest flat surface. It's called writing or something like that, I don't have time to keep up with the latest technical jargon.

Amazing that idea had never crossed my mind until now. Instead I was just like "f*** i have no phone sh**!"

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Alienwho
If you're the douche amongst your friends, don't take her when you hang out with those guys. If she accepts, just tell her that you can't make the departed at that time cause you're busy, but you can catch whatever movie an hour or so later so it will just be you and her. Or better yet, if you thrive in small groups, have one of your buddies and his girl go with you and double.

I'm not a douche, at least i hope, I can just laugh when someone makes a joke about me, so I get it alot.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
i'm really disappointed in you. you should have walked them back to their dorms (or at least offered to!!!!). your 2nd mistake was not even saying a darn thing to them right before they left. self-respecting girls remember stuff like that 'cause it's called ETIQUETTE. you could try to get in contact with her, but first & foremost, you really need to brush up on your social skills. not trying to be mean or anything, but having good social skills really does go a long way. good luck.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

Amazing that idea had never crossed my mind until now. Instead I was just like "f*** i have no phone sh**!"
Are you being serious or sarcastic?

L

Lola

yea, seriously, post pics so we can all tell you how hot or not hot or how skinny or how fat she is...
This is ATOT, don't forget the rules. :camera: or ban...

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

Are you being serious or sarcastic?

100% serious.