YAGT - dating

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Older son has a girlfriend... they've been dating for a bit over a year.

She has a sister. I have a younger son. The sister likes the younger son and vice versa. They danced together at the homecoming dance, etc. Would it be too awkward for the younger son to ask out the sister of the older son's girlfriend?

--- I already have an opinion, but just wanted to see what you guys think, especially since many of you are much closer in age (16 1/2 and 15 years old)

Plus, I never had a chance to post a "yagt" here... I don't have woman problems. :p

edit: now with poll.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Why not?

Unless I'm missing something..I dunno, I'm still single. :p

Apr 17, 2003
weird? no.
Problematic? yes.

If one of the relationships goes sour, it will most definately mess up the other one, whether it be the relationship between the siblings or the relationship between the bro-GF

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
I wouldn't see why it would be a problem, but then I'm a good decade older than your target audience.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Talk him out of it. Way to much interfamily drama. My brother married my brother in laws sister aka my sisters sister in law :confused:. It was a disaster. But it prolly depends on how well the families get along. Ours didn't get along with their family at all.

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
lol, I can see there being problems, but I think it'd actually be pretty cool. It's fine though, let it happen.

DrPizza

Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: DeadByDawn
Talk him out of it. Way to much interfamily drama. My brother married my brother in laws sister aka my sisters sister in law :confused:. It was a disaster. But it prolly depends on how well the families get along. Ours didn't get along with their family at all.

Wow, I almost have to draw a diagram to understand that.

DrPizza

Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Hey, it'd make my life a lot easier too... I'm sick of driving kids here and there; this would cut the number of trips in half.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
As someone said, if one relationship goes bad, it would cause a lot of tension and awkwardness since the sisters would immediately side with one another.

saymyname

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2006
Definitely do it.

When one relationship goes sour though I'll bet money the other one does too.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
at 15 it isn't going to last anyway. I can see 1 bringing down the other

DrPizza

Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: saymyname
Definitely do it.

pssst... they're teenagers. It's not like these relationships are going to last forever, regardless of what the kids think.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Two of my cousins married sisters - and the 3rd brother was dating the 3rd sister for awhile. I don't see any problem with it - simplifies the holiday planning :p

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Man I thought this was going to be more Juicy. I could have sworn you were going to ask if it's ok for you to date your sons ex or something lol.

cmdrmoocow

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2004
Sounds like an excellent opportunity for your kids to totally screw up in a safe and potentially humourous way. Although the odds are against it ever happening in the first place, I'd even encourage them.

Be sure to update us on this in a month or so.

saymyname

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2006
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: saymyname
Definitely do it.

pssst... they're teenagers. It's not like these relationships are going to last forever, regardless of what the kids think.

That's why they should do it. I'd cheer them on. This will make a great story in 10 years.

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Just go with the flow, let kids be kids, and let their hearts take them where they want to venture into. Things are going to happen one way or another regardless of your intervention and regardless of what you think as a parent. Let them fall and get up on their own. Let them experience life.

As for being wierd, no. The kids prolly think it's pretty cool or neat that they can share things and go on double dates. Disaster waiting to happen? Hell yeah! :D