YAFT: What street fights have you been in?

slimrhcp

Jul 20, 2005
I was just thinking back about my college days, and how stupid some of me and my friends were. One of my best friends used to get into a lot of fights (he's also an alcoholic).

One night in particular sticks out. In our group of friends, one of the girls was a serial dater (dated a bunch of guys at the same time). Said alcoholic friend (lets call him P), my other best friend (we'll call him J), another guy (A), all of our girls, and I were at a guys off-campus apartment. My friend P had totalled his car earlier that day, and had been drinking heavily for a couple hours. Our serial dater friend wanted us to come over and hang out with the guy she'd been dating and his roommates.

P decided he was going to take the apartment owners python out of its tank. In the process of liberating the serpent from its glass prison, he fell and nearly crushed the creature. Needless to say, the tank toppled over as well. P then yelled that someone needs to help him get the ****** cleaned up. The apartment owner then pushed my friend. P responded by throwing a wild haymaker (for point of reference, my buddy is a pretty good boxer and competing in a golden gloves tourny this weekend). The owner ducked and P went down face first on a sofa. He was getting hit from behind at this point. I was closest to the fray so I german suplexed the owner off of my friend, while my other friends were holding back the other roommates.

After that, P got up and we should have gotten him out. That would have been the best move, but his drunk rage and our pumping adrenal glands wouldn't have that. He took another swing at the same guy and fell again. This time he landed on the ground, in an unforgiving manner. The owner lept at another opportunity to get more shots in, and started punching P in the face while he was on the ground. My friend J threw the owner off of P into a wall (about two feet away). We tried to get P out of there again, and while the girls were all crying and almost got tramppled. So A, J, and I had to use all of our strength to get this one guy out while the roommates were all tending to their injured buddy.

The night ended with us putting P in his girl's car, and having her drive him to his parents house. He woke up the next day without a scratch.

Cliffs:
Buddy gets drunk
Snake almost dies
We all jump in
Friend wakes up unharmed

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Only when I've had to defend myself or a friend. There's nothing glorious about getting your ass beat or beating someone else's ass.

buzzsaw13

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2004
Not really a "street fight" but some punk kids tried to enter my house (dad left the garage door open) and I grabbed a knife sharpener and beat the living crap out of one of them. Called the cops and didn't get in trouble for it.

Jun 19, 2004
I only street fight old ladies so I know I'll win....

BTW, are your friends the Letter People?

One thing I learned about fighting early on....make that two things.....NEVER fight drunk, and NEVER fight OVER a girl. To defend a girl is one thing, but fighting over her, especially while intoxicated is an automatic ticket to lose.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I've been in more street fights and won than there's drunks at Mardi Gras.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
I was in a "fight" once... in 1st grade. I was known pretty much as the smartest kid in the class (though I wasn't unpopular or anything). I got in a fight with my then best friend at the time (who had more respect than I did) during recess. Lots of people watched. Somehow we didn't get in trouble. I think the fight was considered a draw by the spectators. Getting in that fight did a lot to help my street cred through elementary school. Haha.