YAFT: Home Cardio

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skywhr

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
If I am buying a bike Im buying 2, $1200 max, would like to stay around $850

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: TallBill
You can not beat running, biking, or swimming. The real thing, no machines.

Really? When I get up at 6am, there are at least 30 infomercials on saying otherwise :p
j/k... Seriously though, our culture has been brainwashed to think that a bunch of exercise equipment is necessary to good health. I don't know how many times I rode my bike past the YMCA in absolutely gorgeous weather, and looked through the windows of the Y to see 30 exercise bikes lined up side by side, with 30 people riding them. Idiots.

Can't ride your bike in the winter time because there's snow on the ground? Put the freakin snow blower away, pick up a real shovel, and go out and get some exercise. "But, it takes too long to shovel! I need to hurry up and snow blow the driveway, so I can drive to the YMCA and lift weights." Idiots.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
you might want to go to a specialized running store and see if they can recommend a specific shoe for your foot type and running form. it may keep whatever this is from ailing your foot from flaring up.

of course, running on concrete is probably a bad idea anyway. you'll note that pretty much every stadium running track in the world is a soft surface. concrete absorbs almost no energy, so it's your joints that bear the brunt. maybe a good pair of shoes will help. in my experience, though, concrete killed my knees.

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
I love the treadmill, personally. Jogging outside for long distances is good too.

These new Reeboks I have really seem to help too. My feet don't hurt at all, in fact they feel awesome.