YACT: What tools do I need to change my brakes?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bah, I don't call it hi-jacking, I call it, not starting a yet another new topic on the same subject. ;)

After five days, my wife's brakes haven't started sqealing yet, so I'm 90% sure it's good. Yahoo!

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
I'm glad to hear it. I searched the database for any possible causes for squealing brakes when you first posted your concern, I didn't find anything. The only thing I could think of was sticky calipers or hard brake pad material, which I think you already knew. ;)

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I forgot to mention, during that repair, I had a couple tires on that car with slow leaks (probably due to the alloy wheels). I called Tire Kingdom for a quote to repair them. $20.00 each for tires brought in on rims! I found a local tire dealer who said he'd do them for $11.00 each. When I went to pick them up, he wouldn't take my money for them! I didn't buy the tires there or anything, though I had purchased some there in the past. That was a pleasant surprise. Helped defray the cost of the $100.00 worth of rotors! Just goes to show, there are some people out there, who are just as nice as some people on this board! ;)