YACT: Thinking of Buying a Civic SI....

azncoffeeboi

Jun 21, 2001
Yeah. Im thinking of buying a civic Si. I went the to the dealer the other day and one was on sale for around 15k... maybe i can lower it a tad more... yeah.

Anybody have any reason not for me to buy this car, and if so, what car should I get?

Likewise, if anybody can give me some good thing about that car, that would be nice too. =)

Thanks in Advance...

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The good:
Cheap
Reliable
The shifter sticks out of the dashboard.

The bad:
I don't like the way it looks
Very small (you might think that's good, though)

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
NICE :D It that new, or used? What year is it? I LOVE the current generation Si. I used to dismiss it because it's not a powerful as the competition (IE - Focus SVT), but after driving both, the Si is the obvious choice. The interior is leaps and bounds better than the Focus, the engine is quiet (even at HIGH rpms), and it just feels more refined than the SVT. As far as power goes, you have a huge aftermarket to boost that 160hp much higher. I was also amazed at how large the interior is/felt. I'm 6ft 3in, and I felt totally comfortable in the Si.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Good choice, except that you should look for the 99-00 Coupe Si not the 01-present SI.

azncoffeeboi

Jun 21, 2001
Price is pretty much the major factor right now... 15 or 16k seems to be my limit.

Hatchbacks, I like. I've also considered the Protoge5 also... heh.

but yeah.

azncoffeeboi

Jun 21, 2001
Well, since the dealer had it marked at 15k, ill pay the extra 2k. =)

Also, parents are VERY anti used car. They say almost all used cars will break down in first month. Bah.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Get a 2000 Si... not one of the new mini-mini vans.

The old ones are faster anyway.

joe678

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: azncoffeeboi
Oh yeah. parents are total anti-Ebay too. =P

I would seriously consider that though... but yeah.

STOP SAYING "YEAH"!!! :p ... and buy the si

puffpio

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
get a new Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. priced around the same since the model year is over and they have some rebates/incentives on them.

You get a bigger engine, 6 spd, LSD, more torque!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: pio!pio!
get a new Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. priced around the same since the model year is over and they have some rebates/incentives on them.

You get a bigger engine, 6 spd, LSD, more torque!

the 6 speed sucks. 2 shifts to 60 and its sticky. the 5 speed might be better

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Nice cars... and nice buzzy engines... but when i drove one... boy was that thing gutless... nooooo power down low.... :D But I don't know what other good brand new cars are out there thats around 15k.

Apr 5, 2000
A lot of the used ones will probably have been driven by hard by your usual ricer wannabe's. Just make sure nothing is wrong with it. Oh yea, I believe it's pretty high on the stolen cars list, so insurance might be expensive on it.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
i like the new ones (hatchback) more than the old ones. I guess it grw on me, because i thought they were ugly when they came out. Id go for a black one, it looks more sporty than svt focu imho plus theyre cheaper

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: pio!pio!
get a new Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. priced around the same since the model year is over and they have some rebates/incentives on them. You get a bigger engine, 6 spd, LSD, more torque!

THe main reason I can't stand the SE-R is the shifter. I liken it to rubbing two cinder blocks together.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Yeah, if you get one of these MAKE SURE it wasn't the car that people testdrove. I know when I test drive a car I'm gonna pound it. What good is it not to? The salesman drove the Lancer Evo even harder then I did. Needless to say there's no way I'd buy that particular one unless I got a free extended warranty.