YACT: ROTC1983 thinks his Focus is cool. ed: now with real pic!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
focus = ugly

not only are they nasty, just about eveyone i know either wants one or has one... i mean they are more mainstream than the neon. I prefer a car that says something about the person

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Ah leave the poor guy alone. If he likes it then thats all that matters.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: BatmanNate
How many recalls on that thing now? Heh.

for the 2003s? none

Finally a voice of reason erupts from the crowd.

2001 and prior Focus's..or Focii were plagued by recalls, but starting in 2002 they got their act together and made a nice little car.

The SVT focus has also continuously been on the top 10 of C&D's annual list..

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Glitchny
focus = ugly

not only are they nasty, just about eveyone i know either wants one or has one... i mean they are more mainstream than the neon. I prefer a car that says something about the person

Different in Hawaii, everyone has a ricer here. Just like Zug does.

Luke1

Oct 5, 2001
Focus is a great car, the zx3 handle's fantastic. Personally I really dig the styling of them as well.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
They're nice cars but not something I would want to drive. Really the only one I would even vaguely consider taking for a spin is the SVT edition. As it stands I'll stick with my Dodge Stratus SE.

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: nsafreak
They're nice cars but not something I would want to drive. Really the only one I would even vaguely consider taking for a spin is the SVT edition. As it stands I'll stick with my Dodge Stratus SE.

Yeah, we were looking at the Dodge Stratus but it was a little too big for Hawaii.

Luke1

Oct 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Zugzwang152
Originally posted by: ROTC1983
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
You guys need to settle this with a race.

That is what I told him. :p

that's not very fair. my car is a hand-me-down from my mom, and has 114,000 on it. his is practically new :p

And you're busting his balls on what HE drives???

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Luke1
Originally posted by: Zugzwang152
Originally posted by: ROTC1983
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
You guys need to settle this with a race.

That is what I told him. :p

that's not very fair. my car is a hand-me-down from my mom, and has 114,000 on it. his is practically new :p

And you're busting his balls on what HE drives???

Exactly, Zug has nothing better to do. He is coming down to my house right now. I will get him back, dont' worry :p He needs to ask my dad for help, and I think he is going to have to do it by himself :p

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
Ford Focus is a pathetic excuse for a car... so is a geo metro... they're in the same ballpark....

and before you critisize what I drive... I drive a 96 chevy blazer, with 135,000 miles... (so what, it has leather and runs great)

New cars are a pain anyways, because your car will get door dings... it's inevitable...

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Syringer

for the 2003s? none

Hate to bring a thread back from dead but the ZX3 focus has been in te C&D top 10 since its release... I own one and it is a great car..

Ford Focus is a pathetic excuse for a car... so is a geo metro... they're in the same ballpark....

Not true in any way... I've driven both and can say without a doubt the focus is a much much better car through out.

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Crazymofo
Originally posted by: Syringer

for the 2003s? none

Hate to bring a thread back from dead but the ZX3 focus has been in te C&D top 10 since its release... I own one and it is a great car..

Not true in any way... I've driven both and can say without a doubt the focus is a much much better car through out.

Thanks Crazymofo. :) Have you modded your car in any way?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

world record!
i'm not a fan of those cars, but i don't think they look all that bad honestly.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Nope no mods man I just beat the sh|t out of it on a daily basis and it just keeps asking for more!

Watch your rear tires man it eats those things alive!!

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Nice car ROTC.

The ZX3 handles very well. My wife's got the 4 door SE which isn't a slouch either.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Paulson

and before you critisize what I drive... I drive a 96 chevy blazer, with 135,000 miles... (so what, it has leather and runs great)

New cars are a pain anyways, because your car will get door dings... it's inevitable...

so no matter how much money you make you're gonna drive a used car?

stop raggin on the boy's car, you drive an SUV!

(no hard feelings)