YACT: POLL: Waxing? Yes or No?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: DurocShark
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
Originally posted by: ElFenix
OMG TURTLE WAX = TEH SUQ!

Definitely. I use Meguir's Cleaner, Wax and Polish. Take a good 3-4 hours to do it properly by hand. I'm thinking of trying the Klasse all-in-one stuff next time, to see how I like it.

DON'T USE CLEANER WAX ON GOOD PAINT!!!

It's got rubbing compound in it... Unless your paint is oxidized just use a good carnuba wax or a glaze/polish like TR3.

Now, if your paint *is* oxidized or has heavy swirlmarks go ahead and use it... I agree that Meguire's cleaner wax is the best I've tried so far. However, you may get better results using a clay bar to remove the oxidation and then use a regular wax, but that's 2 steps. Cleaner wax is just one... heh

Yeah, both of my cars are older. 1995 and 1992. I get lots of swirl and oxidation from the incredible amounts of salt they put on the roads here. My newer car had some paint issues when I bought it, and has since be brought back to life by Meguiar's products. Now that it seems to be getting in better shape, I do have a Meg's clay bar that I'm going to use before the Klasse Wax / Glaze that I'll be trying out this time.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
zanio.. i was going to use that on my newly painted mx6.. but it seemed to cost so much.....

lucky i didn't bother, a yr later and my tranny went kaput. now i have a 95 camry to play with.. but it's sorta scratched up... it's depressing to wax it and see all the marks.