YACT: My audi a4 is almost fixed ... yay [pics]

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Got it painted over the weekend...the car looks damn good (even better in real life... the lighting was crappy) especially with the s4 front end.
It cost me about 5200 (car included) to get it where its at right now.

Last edited:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
How long until it's done? You got a killer deal, but then you did a lot of work yourself, didn't you?

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
picture

That's some pretty horrible gap there, between the fender and the hood. I wouldn't accept that from a body shop.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
How long until it's done? You got a killer deal, but then you did a lot of work yourself, didn't you?

i still gotta install the passanger airbag, the airbag controller and the climate control unit. I did all the work except for paint (no booth...).

I havent matched the gaps up front yet, they are close enough for now and ill play with em some more when i get the airbag stuff outta the way

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: KEV1N
Awesome,good deal. What are those holes on the top of the bumper?

headlight squirters... i have the caps painted at home, but i need some 3m tape to secure em onto the bumper :)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: Triumph
picture

That's some pretty horrible gap there, between the fender and the hood. I wouldn't accept that from a body shop.

he fixed it himself IIRC.

oic. i think i'm missing some of the backstory. thought this was his car that got in a wreck or something.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: NutBucket
picture

he fixed it himself IIRC.

oic. i think i'm missing some of the backstory. thought this was his car that got in a wreck or something.

nah i bought it wrecked w blown bags for 3500 and been fixing it ever since :)
I had to get a new trunk lid for the back (the previous owner backed into something) and got that gap matched already. The hook is sitting little crooked towards the pass side, i didnt have time to deal with it because i had to drop it off at the palce on thrursday right before work. Its just a matter of losing the hood hinges and wiggling it around

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How are you doing the work? Access to a body shop? Did you just replace the front fenders or pound them out?

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
How are you doing the work? Access to a body shop? Did you just replace the front fenders or pound them out?

my garage... :) I replaced the stuff that i couldnt salvage and hammered out/ bondoed the hood. The I would never get that fender stright so i bought another black one with couple dings that i hammered out :)

Lore

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 1999
How much would it have cost to have all that work done at a body shop? Not knowing the background behind this, I'm assuming the savings from doing this yourself far outweighs getting this done at a body shop?

3point14

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
Nice lookin A4. I am selling my 8 month old car to my parents so I can go back to school. After that, I am looking to buy an Audi A4 or Volvo S60.