YACT: car got hit-and-run, how to assess damage?

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
my friend's civic was hit a few nights ago, right now my friend is struggling whether to tow the car to either the nearest Honda dealer or just any autoshop to fix the problem (I looked at the car but don't know how bad the damage is, the two FRONT wheels are bent and I can't tell whether the brake components are damaged or not)

so, should my friend just get it towed to any place (his car is un-drivable) or we should go around and get quotes (which is another problem, because we do not know what is needed to be fixed)

Oct 9, 1999
the Caliber Auto Body group has been highly rated by teh AAA guide..

they have several locations..

You can take it to a dealer but most likeyly they outsource to other auto body shops.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
the Caliber Auto Body group has been highly rated by teh AAA guide..

they have several locations..

You can take it to a dealer but most likeyly they outsource to other auto body shops.

I still trust a dealer shop over others. I guess I'll find out Friday.

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
insurance should cover the tow... and generally i trust dealers (especially with newer cars)

that's my 2 cents

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
sorry, I was in a rush so left out some details,

okay, my friend was driving home on a freeway (605 near Cerritos, CA), a BMW hit him from the left side directly into the front left wheel (so that's gone for sure). The Civic then spun out and did two 360s, hitting no cars in the process but did manage to bump into the railings (or the side wall I am not sure) on the far right lane, hence, his front right wheel is also damaged (I just looked at it, the wheel cover came off and they appear to be quite damaged).

sorry, no pics

and yes police came and got a report. (my friend has liability insurance though, so he will get nothing unless they find the driver)

and it is a 92 civic 4 door.

TGG: I think the Caliber Auto shop will be a bit pricy for my friend's little beat up civic/.... but I will look into it and call and ask. Talk is free right? :)

the main concern we have is the autoshop can pretty much charge us anything and we cannot prove they are wrong.