YACT: BMW 330 Turbo video

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
That was an offensively boring video. Can't you have it doing donuts or something? It does look like a nice car though. What's it dyno at?

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
I was hoping the truck would hit the car! :D

hmmm supercharger vs turbo, which one should I do to my 330ci, hmmm

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: bR
Originally posted by: z0mb13
do u ever dyno it?? how much hp does that thing? and at what RPM?

It says 500hp/500 ft/lbs @9.5psi

so the turbo will more than double the hp from the stockk 225? I find it hard to believe..

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999

so the turbo will more than double the hp from the stockk 225? I find it hard to believe..

It's not at all impossible. But at 9.5 psi? Eh, I dunno.........

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: atom

also the engine might blow up at any moment...

the BMW engine is already highly tuned... so puting a blower in is reaaallllyyy dangerous

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000

also the engine might blow up at any moment...

the BMW engine is already highly tuned... so puting a blower in is reaaallllyyy dangerous

the video wasn't supposed to be entertaining in terms of music/excitement. It was just to show that there's a turbo available for the 330 and what it sounds like.

And before anymore morons chime in saying that the engine will blow up or the hp ratings are false check this link out first:
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/monstermate/images/bmw3ser/bmw_e46turbo.gif
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/monstermate/bmw3ser.htm

it has since been tuned to put out 430 whp (up 30 whp) which translates to approximately 500 hp at the fly. (500 is probably too generous but it's close).

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

Wow, looks like you know absolutely nothing about turbocharging.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever

Wow, looks like you know absolutely nothing about turbocharging.

So enlighten me genius.

1. I thought they were saying 500 RWHP.
2. Looking some bimmer boards I lurk at occdasionally, they did 400 RWHP at 9.5 PSI. If they want to call that 500HP crank, fine, I bet a lot fo people would disagree.

Yeah, so feel free to eat a d!ck.
rolleye.gif

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000

So enlighten me genius.

2. Looking some bimmer boards I lurk at occdasionally, they did 400 RWHP at 9.5 PSI. If they want to call that 500HP crank, fine, I bet a lot fo people would disagree.

rolleye.gif

look at the dyno chart I put up, that wasn't fully tuned.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i was gonna watch it until i saw "fly-by" in the title. fly-bys are boring, pointless wastes of time. mount the camera in the car and let it rip, and i might be interested.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
i was gonna watch it until i saw "fly-by" in the title. fly-bys are boring, pointless wastes of time. mount the camera in the car and let it rip, and i might be interested.

it was a promo video for e46 nuts, just to give them a taste of what it would sound like. I'll suggest they mount the camera in the car though, good idea.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fivespeed5

it was a promo video for e46 nuts, just to give them a taste of what it would sound like. I'll suggest they mount the camera in the car though, good idea.
Suggest they put it on the side of the car and burn some freaking rubber plz!

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: fivespeed5

Suggest they put it on the side of the car and burn some freaking rubber plz!

tires are expensive :D will do though

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

rolleye.gif
Hey jackass, if you knew a thing or two about turbos, you'd know that 9.5 psi on one turbo does not equall the same horsepower on another turbo, or for that matter an entire setup. There are so many factors that you must truely be ignorant to think you can flame me. This is the second time you attempted to flame me about cars... and failed.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
i say you put a turbo on your 350... :D that would be more entertaining... :)

way too many of these yuppie mobile BMWs rolling around... :p

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
i say you put a turbo on your 350... :D that would be more entertaining... :)

way too many of these yuppie mobile BMWs rolling around... :p

haha.. I think it'll be a long time before I have the cash to do anything to my 350, besides it won't even be here until june/july :(

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever

rolleye.gif
Hey jackass, if you knew a thing or two about turbos, you'd know that 9.5 psi on one turbo does not equall the same horsepower on another turbo, or for that matter an entire setup. There are so many factors that you must truely be ignorant to think you can flame me. This is the second time you attempted to flame me about cars... and failed.

IIRC there aren't any running e46 turbo cars right now, my brother's is probably the one that is closest to actually running w/o a hitch. There are a couple of supercharged ones though. and yes 9.5 psi supercharger != 9.5 psi turbo.