YACT: '85 300ZX Need ideas.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
OK so I got another 300z. Normally I keep any modifications tame and close to original. Just basic restorations. This car I want to have a little fun with. Over the next few months I will be doing a few substantial engine/suspension mods but right now I'm confused about what to do with the interior/exterior. It is in good shape but I want to change it. The vision I have is sort of hard to explain. I want it to look "toy" like. I was thinking of bright yellows and reds. What would you do with it?

Drivers side
front
passenger side
interior1
rear
dash
interior 2
another side shot

I plan to put in a computer with 7" LCD for MP3s and GPS and change the steering wheel but I'm not sure what else.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Cool, I just got an 86 last week. Why'd you get an automatic though? That sucks........

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: iloveme2
Cool, I just got an 86 last week. Why'd you get an automatic though? That sucks........

I have three other manuals and an automatic is nice for a change. It will never be a competitive race car and I don't need to impress anybody with my shifting skills.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: fredtam
Originally posted by: iloveme2

I have three other manuals and an automatic is nice for a change. It will never be a competitive race car and I don't need to impress anybody with my shifting skills.

Works for me. I've never seen an automatic version of the first gen 300zx. Interesting.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Its missing a turbo and I'am sorry but your colors sound god awful.

It looks in good shape. I'd just drive it and leave it alone.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Without the Turbo, its a dog. Auto makes it even worse.

Looks to be in decent shape though. I'd just maintain it and use it as a daily driver.

bernse = former 1985 300ZX GLL Turbo owner

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
Its missing a turbo and I'am sorry but your colors sound god awful.

It looks in good shape. I'd just drive it and leave it alone.

I have a 96 300zx TT so I have enough turbo and I can mod the engine to be much faster than the turbo version. Playing with cars is what I do in my spare time so it would just depress me to leave it alone an drive it. Hell then I would only need one car.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Well them mod the 96 TT and keep the 85 stockish and reliable. That would make more sense to me.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
Well them mod the 96 TT and keep the 85 stockish and reliable. That would make more sense to me.

Why don't I just buy a moped? The 96 is modded. I have dependable transportation in my two family cars. I would like to see what I can do with this one.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: bernse

Looks to be in decent shape though. I'd just maintain it and use it as a daily driver.

As I said I have done and will continue to do engine mods to the car. As it stands now it will absolutely smoke a turbo even with the auto. I asked here for interior/exterior ideas because of the number of ricers who specialize in "all show no go". I didn't post any engine specs because I have found very few people here on here with the same automotive knowledge as me. If I need help putting a "Type R" sticker on you may be the man to ask but I'll take care of the powerplant myself.
I've got $5 paypal fund to you or anybody here that can even tell me what I have in it.
engine

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000

As I said I have done and will continue to do engine mods to the car. As it stands now it will absolutely smoke a turbo even with the auto. I asked here for interior/exterior ideas because of the number of ricers who specialize in "all show no go". I didn't post any engine specs because I have found very few people here on here with the same automotive knowledge as me. If I need help putting a "Type R" sticker on you may be the man to ask but I'll take care of the powerplant myself.
I've got $5 paypal fund to you or anybody here that can even tell me what I have in it.
engine

Nice 350:)

EDIT: I suppose it could be a 383 but I can't tell just by looking;)

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Bah. Too many variations on small block chevys;) Screw it.

Oh fvck it. I might as well give it to you for knowing its a small block Chevy. 400 to be precise.Now you gave the others clues and they will be googling for info. PM me your paypal.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
I want it to look "toy" like.

Go with hot pink for everything, and steal accessories from the Barbie Powerwheels Jeep.

Glad your in touch with your feminine side and society is now accepting enough to let you openly reminisce about your days riding around in your Barbie jeep.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000

engine

You little assclown. I've rebuilt VG30ET from siezed blocks before, and you're talking down to me? You took the easyway out putting in a cheap dime/dozen carburated engine in there. As for your paypal contest, all you can tell from a pic like that is that it's a small block chev. Everything else is just guessing from a pic like that. Nice contest. You might as well of asked to pick a number between 1-10.

Little prick.

rolleye.gif