YACT: 1990 Nissan Stanza XE

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
They are actually early model Altimas.

The drivetrain should be reliable. Andhte car should run, altho I'd check for rust.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Its basically the same motor they use in the same year model 240sx. Not a bad car, would be a good daily driver.

I believe eakers had one, though I'm not sure she liked it :p

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Rent
Its basically the same motor they use in the same year model 240sx. Not a bad car, would be a good daily driver.

she loved it IIRC.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Lifer
Originally posted by: Rent

she loved it IIRC.

who were you before you were banned?

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
i'd guess its a good car, but wouldn't a better bet be a maxima from around the same time period? my parents bought a new '93 maxima gxe back in the day, and its now at 140k miles and the engine is still as smooth as ever (though i'll be honest, there are some things wearing out like camshaft/crankshaft seals, for which the dealer wants $450 to fix..a reputable mechanic should be much cheaper, i'm guessing around $200-$250)

anyway, the v6 engines in the maximas won a ton of awards in that time period...i'm guessing they're specifically referring to the VE engines in the maxima se's (they make more hp, 190 vs the 160 the VG motors in the maxima GXE's, but torque is about the same i think @ around 182lb/ft)

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I think they are pretty reliable. And old geezer at my apt complex, who now drives q45, swears by them.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
that one has some Alty SE wheels on it.. cool :)

they are nice, I wanted a Stanza for a while a few years back.. just cause they were fairly rare.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Dude, it's a fully loaded vehicle (sanse Leather chair) Stanza's are good cars, my history teacher in HS had one...(its still running 4 years after I graduated from HS)

Auto :(

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: DuffmanOhYeah
damn sure wouldn't pay 3 grand for it though.

Really!

Edmunds gives a private party value of approx. $1700 for it and $2500 for dealer retail...assuming it has a warranty with it, which at this car's age, probably doesn't.

Remember, it's 14 years old and after running for 14 years, even with lowish mileage, seals and such start drying/wearing out. And at only 5,700 miles a year put on it, you can probably assume it's been more of an in-town run car.......and in-town use is much harder on a car's engine than interstate driving. Stop-and-start, low mileage driven cars worry me a bit. Engine never is probably never heated up properly with the numerous short trips it's been used for which encourages lots of sludge buildup on the engine.

I'd almost rather want a little higher mileage car at that age......consider, if it's been driven in town its whole life and suddenly it starts getting used on the highway a lot, it may not like the changes it's facing and begin to have "problems". Sort of like these "pristine" 30 year old motorcycles that exist.....extremely low mileage for age but when they finally begin to get ridden by the new buyer, who decides to actually use the bike instead of letting it sit or do shor 3 mile jaunts on it, suddenly gaskets begin leaking, oil begins to be consumed rapidly, etc.