XM or Sirius

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: DuffmanOhYeah
None of the above. Both will be bankrupt in 5 years.

People pay for TV, why not radio? Makes sense to me.

There was a time when people couldn't believe anyone would pay for TV, either. I would definitely pay $10/mo if that's what it takes to get my Stern fix.

I would do it for that and because I'm sick of the sh!t that I hear on the radio. There's a reason I listen to so much talk radio these days.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis

i dont understand why anyone would pay for stern, hes not funny, hes old and hes ugly, not a winning combination

Huh?

1) Funny is subjective. I think he is one of the cleverest comedic minds of my lifetime.

2) I'm a heterosexual man, and don't care what other guys look like, especially if they're on the radio. BTW, I am an FCC-licensed broadcaster myself (I had a show in high school), and believe me when I tell you that damned few radio hosts will win any beauty contests. Have you ever seen Opie and Anthony or Tom Leykis? Ack!

3) His age is only a factor if he loses touch with his audience (which he hasn't IMO).

Night201

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Opie and Anthony may join onto Sirius as well. Both of them being on Sirius will grow millions of new subscriptions and income.

I'm going to be picking up a new car stereo, new speakers, and an Audiovox receiver with home unit this weekend probably.

Sirius said they might have a production problem is millions of people all of a sudden try to get hardware, but it'll all balance up in the end...so people have to wait a month or 2...big deal.

Oh, and I'm also going to pick up 100 shares of SIRI tomorrow...I hope it will do pretty well over the next few years. At < $3/share, what it there to lose?

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Sirius. I refuse to support anything related to ClearChannel, no matter how slight people have alleged it is. CC is a plague upon the earth which must be eradicated, prefferably with fire.