Review XFX's regular and "LIFETIME WARRANTY"s BAD experience.

GEOrifle

Oct 2, 2005
Owned for 12 years XFX 5850 card with "Lifetime Warranty" and was happy because hoping one day when card will give up XFX will replace it with BRAND NEW and MODERN card like they did before. So I send my "WONDER CARD" for replacement and today, like "Holiday Surprise" received same 12 year old refurbished one(E8ay $25). So I refused to accept and send it back with "BEST WISHES" and NEVER XFX AGAIN.
Guys BEWARE for XFX WARRANTY SCAMS !!!!!
Friend of mine(E8ay seller) told me someone is buying all old XFX cards in row and he's guessing XFX does it to "COVER" expensive warranties .
LOL. GOOD LUCK XFX.

• Haha
Reactions: rommelrommel

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
how is XFX scamming you?

They sent you a working card back equivalent to what was warrantied. In what universe would XFX be obligated to do anything more?

If anything, the fact they honor the warranty this many years out is exceptional service. Above and beyond.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I will just copy pasta my reply in the other thread -

marvel-is-it-though.gif

Given the current global supply constraints on so many things, the age of the card, and the spirit of the warranty from 12yrs ago, I don't feel they did you dirty. While the hypothesis for where they are sourcing the card from is interesting, it is hardly definitive evidence.

I understand your frustration, and you are right to vote with your wallet. But your ire is misplaced IMO.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Owned for 12 years XFX 5850 card with "Lifetime Warranty" and was happy because hoping one day when card will give up XFX will replace it with BRAND NEW and MODERN card like they did before. So I send my "WONDER CARD" for replacement and today, like "Holiday Surprise" received same 12 year old refurbished one(E8ay $25). So I refused to accept and send it back with "BEST WISHES" and NEVER XFX AGAIN.
Friend of mine(E8ay seller) told me someone is buying all old XFX cards in row and he's guessing XFX does it to "COVER" expensive warranties .
LOL. GOOD LUCK XFX.
Captain Obvious No.gif

Sounds like OP is the one trying to do an XFX warranty scam. What did you think, they were going to send you an RX 580?
Probably had expectations of receiving a RX 6800 XT. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: JPB and DeathReborn

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I have heard of things like EVGA upgrading an in warranty dead 970 to a 1060 6GB but expecting a new 2021 gpu when your 5850 from 2009 breaks down is ludicrous. LOL I can buy an XFX gpu and never have to do an upgrade ever again.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
When you RMA a 500GB IDE HDD, do you expect them to replace it with an 18TB SATA HDD? After all, those were the largest (thus far) for each of their respective interfaces.

GEOrifle

Oct 2, 2005
You guys are FUNNY, i wasn't asking 6800 XT but what about regular 580 or 590 cards? For Gods sake it has a "LIFETIME WARRANTY", that's WHY we were paying EXTRA to have future upgrades on it and you know all Companys did.
I'll see how you gonna react when YOU will be at my place.
LOL, you guys are HAPPY i was denied right?

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Loks like You're the HAPPIEST PERSON seeing me disappointed . But don't worry, you'll be next.
No, just that my parents raised me right, internet tough guy.

Edit: Show us where on XFX's product box or documentation where they said free UPGRADES for life.

EVGA still charges for a step-up, and I think that a step-up expires before 12 years.

Last edited:

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
You guys are FUNNY, i wasn't asking 6800 XT but what about regular 580 or 590 cards? For Gods sake it has a "LIFETIME WARRANTY", that's WHY we were paying EXTRA to have future upgrades on it and you know all Companys did.
Errr, no, a lifetime warranty != future upgrades. Your product failed and they replaced it with another functional 5850. That's... After 12 years, that's actually pretty impressive.

If they didn't have any 5850s, they would have provided an equivalent card that might've been newer, but you're not getting a free upgrade to a 590 unless they have nothing else on the shelf.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPB

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
@GEOrifle I have to say its actually pretty impressive they followed through on a warranty claim for a 12 YO GPU. I mean it would have been cool if they had something newer to send you, but they didn't and came through anyway.

Next time I go AMD I'll pick up an XFX card in your name (I know I know, 3 year warranties now, but still).

• Love
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

LOL you actually did want a 580 to replace your weak card from 2009? JFC I was just joking when I posted that.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
God Dayum, I have a broken XFX 5850 and I didn't know that it's still under warranty. I think I will sent it to them.

Imagine the OP's suprise if they send me a 6800! (<-that's RX not GT) xD

• Haha
Reactions: JPB and DAPUNISHER

gdansk

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2011
It is unfortunate in your case but ultimately still fair. Upgrading is not a requirement of the warranty though we've all seen or heard of many such cases.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
It is unfortunate in your case but ultimately still fair.
The only unfortunate thing here is what GEOrifle seems to believe/expect is a reasonable warranty, and his decision to click on the 'post thread' button after typing those thoughts out.

So I refused to accept and send it back with "BEST WISHES" and NEVER XFX AGAIN.
In all honesty, he pretty much went full Karen mode on XFX

55.jpg