XFX 7800GT OC at ZZF for $369 w/free 2nd day

Balex99

Sep 3, 2000
Got my ZZF ad in email and added the coupon in the ad to the already low price XFX and it came to $369. Wish I was in the position to get it, but still trying to find buyer for my MB and gfx card. Hope this helps someone out.

rothchilds

Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: j00k
You forgot to post the code, which is editied. Code will expire on 8/30 according to the email.

DO NOT post:
Coupon or promotion numbers.

Links to coupon numbers you could not post, here.

Links to scans of coupons other than those listed, above.

Requests for others to post or send you coupon numbers or offers to send them to anyone else

Might help if you read before posting.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
joined 9/29/01... 24 posts??? :Q no wonder posting codes

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: illicit
ive heard xfx has changed their warranty policy to lifetime, is that true?

Yes. They offer an even better warranty than bfg now. A DOUBLE lifetime, meaning original buyer and the next buyer after both get a lifetime. Evga also has a lifetime now, that covers everything except physical damage. Meaning, you can overclock them now without voiding a warranty and they will still cover it. BFG started this competition for lifetime warranties so thank BFG for making other companies do it.

usernamemax20charact

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2003
Originally posted by: rothchilds
You forgot to post the code, which is ********. Code will expire on 8/30 according to the email.

DO NOT post:

Requests for others to post or send you coupon numbers or offers to send them to anyone else

In that case, you might also want to edit your post above because when you quoted j00k, you also posted the coupon code.

rothchilds

Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: usernamemax20charact
Originally posted by: rothchilds
You forgot to post the code, which is ********. Code will expire on 8/30 according to the email.

DO NOT post:

In that case, you might also want to edit your post above because when you quoted j00k, you also posted the coupon code.

haha good catch, remembered as I was leaving to work.

Jaxidian

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2001
twitter.com
Actually, he was fine posting the code. If the code is publicly and freely available on the vendor's site, then it is okay to post the coupon code. The only other time it's okay to post the coupon code is if it is the vendor itself posting the code in response to a thread. Other than these two cases, it is a no no. But imo you were all wrong jumping down that guy's throat.

BTW, where does it say this is an OC?

xybertron

Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaxidian
BTW, where does it say this is an OC?

XFX PV-T70G-UDF7 Geforce 7800 GT Overclocked PCI Express 256MB DDR Video Card w/HDTV-Out, Dual DVI & VIVO Retail ***Free 2nd Day***

:)

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: modempower

Yes. They offer an even better warranty than bfg now. A DOUBLE lifetime, meaning original buyer and the next buyer after both get a lifetime. Evga also has a lifetime now, that covers everything except physical damage. Meaning, you can overclock them now without voiding a warranty and they will still cover it. BFG started this competition for lifetime warranties so thank BFG for making other companies do it.

I've heard mention of both XFX's double lifetime warranty and eVGA's anything but a sledgehammer to the card warranty. Both interest me, but I've never seen the official wording on their respective websites. I went to eVGA's recently, and it still stated their old 1 year warranty on all cards.

Basically, I'm just wondering if someone could post some links to these warranty claims so I can see them myself.

I wonder how XFX determines someone is a second buyer...

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
The info ur lookin for are on their respective websites, believe me. I just don't wanna put forth the effort in finding them for u :)

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Avalon
I've heard mention of both XFX's double lifetime warranty and eVGA's anything but a sledgehammer to the card warranty. Both interest me, but I've never seen the official wording on their respective websites. I went to eVGA's recently, and it still stated their old 1 year warranty on all cards.

Basically, I'm just wondering if someone could post some links to these warranty claims so I can see them myself.

I wonder how XFX determines someone is a second buyer...
XFX Warranty

You must register the card to get the warranty. Then if you sell it, the second owner just needs to re register the card in his/her name and they get the lifetime warranty transferred to them.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: modempower

Evga also allows you to mod the cooling i believe.

Lithan

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2004
http://www.evga.com/support/lifetime/

I didnt believe it at first, but reading this it appears true that as long as you don't mod the card or cause actual damage to it in some other way, warranty is intact. This appears to include overclocking and (properly) upgrading the cooling.

shiznit

Nov 16, 2004
i just pulled the trigger on this deal. i wanted a gtx but i couldnt justify paying $100+ more. thanks for posting this. does anyone know if xfx allows you to use aftermaket cooling and still keep the lifetime warranty? evga and bfg reps on hardforums have confirmed that both of those companies will honor their warranty as long as you put the original cooling back on and dont physically damage anything, i just hope xfx will do the same, since NV silencer 5 rev. 3 is comin out Oct. 15.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
just bought an SLI board this weekend...grab one of these up.....now to just hope someone will want to sell theirs in a couple months for cheaper and i can have them in sli :p

:| wtf is up with ZZF and their "verification" process? my shipping address exactly the same as billing address yet i have to call and verify it? oh and dont forget their phone # is long distance, and their operators are all busy so it takes 2-3 calls to finally reach someone. Methinks this will be my first, and last, time dealing with ZZF

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I suddenly have a need to replace my PCI-E card, as my BFG 6600 GT OCX prevents my new Shuttle from powering up. Without the card in the system (an SN25P), it powers up and stays up ... I just have no video :). With the card in, the SN25P only flickers and the fans will spin once. :( Although I really don't want to spend the money for a 7800-series card, I cannot ignore the lighter load the 7800 chips put on a system, in comparison to the 6800 Ultra (per http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2496 ... page 10). Are there are load/idle numbers posted for 6600GT chips anywhere? Given that the SN25P only has a 350W PSU, I might look past the price difference, if this card puts much less of a load on my new system.

-SUO